Gotham morings

Carmen POV

Carmen POV

3:00 in the morning and I'm still awake. I look out my window to see that the roads of Gotham were still busy, but of course they were it's Gotham. At least I wasn't out on the malicious streets, although if I was my life wouldn't be so boring. I heard glass break down stairs and my first instinct was to find something that could knock out some one if it was a burglar or something like that.

I walked down stairs as quietly as I could hoping the creaking stairs wouldn't be so loud. I turned the corner and looked into the kitchen to see it was just my drunken mom. I rolled my eyes and scoffed in disappointment, I remember when my mom and I were close and she was getting over her drinking problem... but after dad died it got worse.

"Carmen, is that you over there?" She asked in a hicuppy voice. I hesitated to say yes because I could have just ran to my room and faked being asleep cause she would have believed it with seeing how drunk she was. "Yeah I'm here" I said while stepping around the corner " get over here now" she slightly yelled gripping the bottle of booze in her hand.  "Who's here?" She asked. " What? Nobody's here" I replied knowing where this was about to go.

" you have somebody up there with you, I know it. Why else would you be up, whore." She said walking closer to me. " No mom I don't have anybody over I rarely ever do." I replied. She trotted to me furiously and slapped me across my face. "A little slut like you always has somebody over. Now go your ass to sleep"