seventeen

+

+

Ryuu stared open mouthed as the medical shinobi carried Katsu from the room on a stretcher. His golden gaze flicked back to me, mouth closing and pressing into a firm line.

"Why did you do that?"

I stared at him for a moment, before looking away. "He was being stupid. If he had fought, he could have seriously injured himself—"

"Yeah. Could have. You didn't even give him the chance!" Cried Ryuu, throwing his hands up. "You just made the decision for him! What if he had fought and won? But we'll never know because you already made the decision for him! The decision he didn't want!"

"Exactly. I already made the choice." I snapped. "Which means arguing over it is completely pointless."

"But you made the wrong choice." He insisted. "And you cant seem to understand that!"

"He was being stubborn!"

"Stubborn or not, it's not what he wanted!"

"Just leave it be." I said, lowering my voice in order to not draw unwanted attention. I glanced around at the unsuspecting Genin that we're talking to a silver haired boy. I easily recognized him as the creepy fucker from the first exam with extensive info cards, and had to resist the urge to snarl or flash him a rude gesture.

Ryuu took in a sharp breath, before turning away and crossing his arms. "...fine. But I hope... I hope Katsu-kun isn't going to be too upset at you for pulling a stunt like this. You'll be lucky if he even talks to you when this is over."

Pain tugged on my heart, but I shoved it down. I shouldn't be upset at the simple thought of Katsu hating me over this. After all, I was only saving his ass.

"Whatever." I shrugged. "If he hates me, then he hates me. Its not like it'll matter to me."

Ryuu glanced sideways at me. "...don't say stuff like that."

"Say stuff like what?" I gave him a look, sounding a more short than I would have liked.

He stared at me for a moment, before shaking his head and scoffing. "Forget it. You'll always be like this... there's no point in even attempting to argue with you."

I flinched.

Ouch.

"No more?" Questioned Hayate after Kabuto left the scene. His gaze ran over the leftover Genin, before he gave a grunt and pulled a clip board out from the inside of his flack jacket. "Hm... the rules are simple. Fight to the death... or until you tap out. But uh...since we don't want this to become a total blood bath, if we uhh...deem it necessary, a jonin may step in and stop the mach, whoever had the upper hand declared winner. But uh... I wouldn't count on that."