Welcome

It was a cool, breezy night. A truck driver was at a gas station filling up his truck, when he noticed something in the sky. He thought it was another shooting star, but as it moved closer and closer toward his truck, it collided and caused an explosion. He had dashed away just in time. The owner of the station ran out to see what was going on, and stopped alongside the now truckless driver. When they looked closer, they saw a shiny pod, and creeped towards it to see inside. The guy knocked on the pod to see if it was hollow or not. Nothing happened. At least until something knocked back. The two, startled, ran away from the crater. The pod's door started to slowly open when suddenly it went flying.

Out of it came two alien-like people with gems on them. One was fully black with a gem on his eye, wearing a black cowboy hat and boots, along with a sheriff's outfit equipped with a cape of some type. The other one was tan with brown freckles scattered everywhere, had a gem on her right hand, and was wearing a detailed tai chi uniform, with long black hair pinned into a ponytail with a hair stick. The two men watched in awe.

"Who are you?" One asked.

The two gems looked at the humans, when the darker one spoke, "Why, I'm Onyx and this is my partner Dalmatian Jasper," he paused, his southern accent apparent, "Now," he summoned two revolvers and aimed at the humans, who threw their hands up in fear, "You're going to tell me and my associate where we are, and then, maybe, I'll let you go." He stated as Dalmatian Jasper shook her head and sighed.

"Uh, y-y-y-" The poor owner of the station didn't even complete his sentence, as Onyx, irritated, fired one of his revolvers at the sky, shooting fire into the air.

"You're testing my patience boy. Now tell us before I turn you into dust. Where are we." He said, turning the last question into a command.

"Well, uh, you fellas are in Las Vegas. Well, actually, you're in the desert right now, but if you head straight down south you should arrive there by morning." The truck driver said as he pointed the way.

"Good. Got anything that can get us there?" Onyx asked. The truck driver shook his head, but the owner pointed his shaking finger to a tow truck.

~

"I can't believe you Onyx, you scared those poor creatures, we're already in so much trouble." Dalmatian Jasper scolds as Onyx drives.

"Well what do you want from me! I got us directions didn't I? Besides now we're far away from them and that nut job-" Onyx says as the two shudder. Once they reach the top of the road they notice neon lights and hear the sounds of a booming city. They see the sign that states they have arrived at Las Vegas.

"Well let's see what they have to offer shall we?" Onyx says as they drive into the Gambling Capital of the World. The two look around in wonder, Dalmatian Jasper fascinated by the buildings and lights, while Onyx is only focused on the weird green paper. They keep driving until they see a building, with a large sign stating, "Where all your questions are answered!" The two gems decide to park the tow truck and walk inside. Upon entering they see hundreds of people and machines. Could this be the gambling thing everyone has been talking about?

"Ah two more customers, what can I do for you today?" Asks an overweight man as he is escorted by four men in black suits.

"Yes sir, we seem to be a bit confused. This is our first time here." Dalmatian Jasper responds.

The man, thinking they're from a foreign country, replies, "Then you have no business here, goodbye."

He starts to count his money, but Onyx doesn't take no for an answer and forcefully grabs the man's arm. One of the four bodyguards grabs Onyx and moves to throw him out, but Dalmatian Jasper swiftly kicks his ribs and then slams her hand to the back of his neck. Onyx, once freed, pulls out his two revolvers. With one he fires flames on a bodyguard's face, and with the other he turns one to ice. The overweight man begins to slowly clap at their performance.

"Well done you two, well done! Say how would you two like a job here as my new bodyguards- no wait- my second in command!" He smiles, showing his unkempt teeth. Dalmatian Jasper thinks of being second in command again, to order her own troops and feel free from Onyx's ignorance.

Eventually she sighs and says, "I'm sorry sir but we'll pass. It was a very kind offer though." She turns to Onyx and they make to leave.

"Oh no you don't, you're paying for the damages." The man interrupted. The two look around to see broken tables and a broken ice sculpture standing in front of the entrance. They start bolting and get in the tow truck, quickly starting it up.

"I'll find both of you, I will!" The man threatens as his voice quickly fades away. Dalmatian Jasper punches Onyx's arm, and they start their journey to, well, wherever they end up.