Happy birthday to me...

No more grass in this area , just skyscrapers. No one remembers what life use to be like because they grew with the system, into the now modern age. More freedom, more people and more everything in general. You could change your hair ,eye and skin color permanently. The only thing that hasn't  changed is the corruption.

At least here in this penthouse, I am heavily protected and well equipped with luxuries I don't even deserve. When will I go out and be free? There is always an excuse coming from my mouth about leaving the building but my father forbids it, the same father I never met before, the father that always works. My mom comes to visit me at least. She caresses me with her soft palms, while I stare into her light blue comforting eyes as I start to drift off in my golden cage. Though she as well warns me about the dangers outside. "What dangers?" she looks away trying to hold the secret i so desperately want to know. "You will learn one day" As if I'm that young? I can take care of myself, I should have the freedom to go explore.

Anxiety and stress plagued my heart, my anger never faltering. It didn't help that my seventeenth birthday had arrived , since I was surrounded by pompous rich morons, who filled in the "friends" position, just like any other year.

But this didn't turn out to be just like any other year.

The elevator doors opened up and I raise an eyebrow. His olive skin, rough,long hair, sharp masculine jawline and jade green eyes that suit his black hair perfectly. It was as if he was still in his twenties, broad chest and toned muscles.

'Who's this random man ?Why is he at my party?'.
...

His loss of words only made me more curious about him.

'his eyes were just like mine.'
"Dad?" The word echos in the room.

My fragile heart cant handle it, someone I longed for finally came to rescue me. His embrace was more than just a normal one. It felt real, like nothing could separate us. We look nothing alike. I was not even sure how my mom could catch such a big fish.

"Dont go..." I sound whiney and shake.

This was exactly what I needed, a father that is my wingman. Shame was hidden beneath his eyes with dread, the uneasiness began to cloud the air so we finally let go.
Am I what is on his mind? As if I had time to ask questions.  Every waking moment should be cherished amongst us.

The way he spoke would make any woman fall to his feet. His posture was a little slanted due to his ginormous frame. Hands that could almost wrap around my waist and crush me. His eyes were the only sweet and gentle thing about him, standing out from his rugged appearance.

Hours upon hours we spoke about life and our passions, it was like he was never gone. No one got this close to me before as he did.

Although short, our conversations involved:
Breakfast for supper, thriller movies, ice cream and he even shares his secrets with me, about how he would
"Count the hours of sleep he will get before he gets rested."
"Carry a brief case to work but there is nothing but (Candy/food) in it."
"Eat M&M's by separating the color and eating them from his least favorite color to his most favorite."

Sometimes i doubt my feelings about him, I care so much about someone whom  I barely even know.

Sylas is such a beautiful name. It represents the forest ,whether it would be the calm wind, the green trees or the danger, which his portrays well.

As the days went by, -maids(au pair and valet) butlers-started disappearing unlike before.

'Did they quit or get fired?'

I started to observe my acquaintances. Some noticeably uneasy/nervous around me. Things have only gotten weirder after camera's were installed all over the building, even bathroom. The cage that once held me just got smaller to me.

Luckily rainbows appear when you least expect it, Sylas took me out for the first time to go see a concert. Since he knew my taste in music, he payed my favorite artist to preform live in front of us.

Sweet Serial Killer - Lana Del Ray

Unlike most futuristic music, this song reminded me of my childhood. Every song I listen to has a story, some adventurous and some sad. My dad knew exactly what my taste in music is, because he liked exactly the same as well.

"Where do you want to go next?"
He said with a cheerful voice.

A little exhausted from this experience I lazily muttered "I'm a little hungry.."

"To a restaurant it is then!" boastfully spoken as if he was really excited.

On our way, a memory of Katherine gone missing shrouded my head. Katherine was always the type to never leave me alone, it was annoying yet comforting to know someone wouldn't give up on me. Ironically the person serving me ever since i was a baby, was the same person whom resigned  straight after my birthday.

As if I were slapped in the face by reality, Sylas woke me up from my musing. It wasn't that unpleasant though, being right next to his mint scented form.

"On time as expected" I heard him say confidently as if he had everything we were doing calculated and according to his plan.

With a witty response "I expect no less, my dear father" and I giggled shortly after.

He raised his one eyebrow with a small grin growing on his face. Giant Roman-like architecture shadowed us from the crimson dying sun.

AN/:
Hey guys.
So any ideas on which direction this story should go? Im not sure if this should go more a darker route or stay vanilla ❤️?