Chapter XXI

I choose you.
And I'll choose you,
Over and over. Without pause,
Without a doubt, In a heartbeat.
I'll keep Choosing you.

July 26, 1996

July 26, 1996

Bailee Poppy sat in a café that sat in the middle of muggle London. She was absentmindedly tapping her pen against the documents that laid in front of her. The bell of the café jingled signaling someone had entered inside the establishment, Bailee ignored whoever was walking in and racked her brain for any information that would help her fill out the documents. Bailee didn't look up until she felt someone's stare, her hand slowly went to the pocket in her jumper and she grabbed onto her wand holding it tightly between the fabric. She slowly looked up only for the grip she once had on her wand to cease and her heartbeat slow back down.

"Well I never thought I would see you here"

"I could say the same for you" Bailee replied sassily glaring slightly at the red head who seated themselves across from her.

The anonymous person ran a hand through their hair and looked at the now not so young witch whom they sat themselves across from.

Bailee tried to ignore the person who was looking at her but ultimately her paper work was not enough to distract her.

"What do you want?" Bailee sighed, giving up trying to distract herself. She placed her pen down on top of the papers and looked up at him.

"Listen Bailee-"

"Alright nope I can't do this. I can't sit here and be okay with this. Am I okay with this, no. But I see this very clearly for for what it is. We're just two good people who got stuck in a really crappy situation, but you know what at least one of us still gets to be happy. And- and just for the record Bill, I am trying really hard to be okay with this. This is worse then the worst thing i could possibly imagine, and that's you looking at me with no love in your eyes so just- please" Bailee Said as she got up grabbing her bag, and walking out of the café.

Bailee didn't realize what she accidentally let slip into her small rant. But Bill did, and he was shell shocked.

***

"What do you mean you haven't?!?" Hermione gasped as she stood up from Bailee's bedroom floor, successfully knocking off all of the candy that was on her lap.

"I mean I haven't Hermione. Do you want me to say it again" Bailee quipped, holding a muggle candy in her hand, it was called a Red Vine.

"Yes I would like you to say it again" Hermione snarked back sarcastically, she sat back down on the ground and crossed her legs. Bailee rolled her eyes but obliged anyway.