Not Leaving Anytime Soon

Deacon was on his way to find some supplies in some of the cabins by O'Leary Mountain. He had told Boozer to stay in the safehouse and rest with his arm being in the condition that it is. He was getting ready to head back to the watchtower with the little that he had when he saw a cabin deep in the woods that he didn't see before.

He pulled his bike off the road and into the thick brush to get closer to the cabin to check for any enemies that may have already claimed the place. After hiding his bike behind some bushes, he checked around it to see if there were any freaks nests or ripper sigils he cautiously made his way inside.

The second he stepped foot inside the front door there was a gun pointed to his head.

"I don't know or care who you are but you need to leave" said the feminine voice on the other side of the gun.

"Look, I'm not here to hurt you but I was just looking for supplies to help my brother, Boozer. Rippers got to him and now he's got a serious burn on his arm and I need things to help it heal." At his words the woman's gun fell from his head and he was able to get a good look at her. She had (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes that he could tell were only hardened by the outbreak. There was pain behind them but still a caring part of her.

"How bad is it?" Deacon was taken back by the question at first but if she was able to help them then he would answer any of the questions that were asked.

"I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure it's 3rd degree burns."

"I might have some medical experience and supplies but I want something in return, I don't know what it is yet but I will call you if I do need it. The names (y/n) by the way."

"Deacon St. John"

"Well Deacon St. John, let me grab some supplies and then we can head out."

                                                               ---------------------------------------

Once they made it back to the watchtower, Deacon led (y/n) into the room with Boozer.

"Hey Boozeman, I need you to get up brother" The man put his hand on the others shoulder to wake him which resulted in Boozer pointing the shotgun at Deacon.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's just me Boozer. I uh, I brought help. This is (y/n). She might be able to help with your arm."

"Jesus, I could have blown your head off Deek. But you know that I didn't- thanks brother."

The woman walked across the room to Boozer and looked at his arm.

"It's not doing too great. The best that I can do with the tools I have is put some ointment on it, wrap it up and give you some pain killers."

"Uh, that would be nice, thanks (y/n)."

Once his arm was wrapped up she told him to rest up and not to do anything stupid or crazy. She looked around for Deacon and when he wasn't in the room, she checked outside and found him on the balcony looking out over the trees. She leaned on the rail next to him and they stayed silent like this for awhile.

"He's not going to be alright, is he." the man suddenly said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

(y/n) looked at the ground below them as she spoke her next words carefully. "I think that he might have to have it amputated. I've seen things like this before but that was before everything happened"

"What did you do before all this shit happened?"

"I was a field medic. I went to help in Afghanistan and I saw some things there that I will never be able to get out of my head. But I had been in the process of leaving the army when it all happened."