1

Drowning all I remember is drowning. Down in this deep endless pool of clear blue liquid. Fading slowly into the darkness of Adam's ale. My name is Ruby and I'm suffering. Wonder how I got here?

Well I was an experiment long ago in a lab called simblo inc. I was inside a bin with small breathing holes in the roof with my brother. We were in which a few other rats. But something about them wasn't right.

One was swirling in circles and another was banging its head on a wall. Both looking terrified. My brother was afraid as well I came came closer by him in comfort as he shivered in unease.

"Its been 2 days brother when will we get out I'm starving." My sibling asked me quietly. "We are going to be ok jasper." I replied. The bin started to open and a hand went through.

It grabbed hold of my brother and I recoiled to move away. "Help me! Will I be alright!" He called to me. "You will don't worry!" I tried to keep calm but I ran up to a rat that was frozen with trepidation. "Where are they taking him!" It answered in a deadly cold tone.

"Dead will come upon them they will see the final days of light." I didn't believe it and tried to push up the cap of the bin but it wouldn't budge. My head started swirling in confusion and dread. The lid swung open once more and it looked like it's coming for me.