Sew Close

When one of Paris' famed superheroes crawls into your bedroom, it can mean two things:

One, an akuma is in your house.

Or two, a certain needy cat needs attention.

Marinette was working on a new design, a white dress with wide straps and a tiered skirt. So far, the design included a flower pattern similar to the print on her favorite T-shirt, and had black binding on the hems that allowed for contrast. She was coming up with ideas for the upcoming Spring Formal, wanting to take on the task of an outfit herself to both save money and to truly establish herself as a designer. She was just finalizing the rough sketch when a loud thump sounded from above.

Tikki, Marinette's kwami, woke from her nap. "What in the world?" she yawned in her high-pitched voice.

Marinette set her pencil down, equally confused. "I'll be right back."

Climbing the stairs to her loft, Marinette jumped onto her bed to reach the trapdoor that led to her balcony. Pushing it upwards, she peeked to find a groaning Chat Noir sprawled out in front of her.

"C-Chat?" Marinette exclaimed, rushing to him, "Are you okay?"

The cat-themed superhero raised his shaggy-blond head with a sheepish smile. "I tripped."

Her brows drew together. Usually, Chat had amazing reflexes. "I thought I  was the clumsy one. Also, what are you doing here?"

"Can't a cat visit his Princess?" He sat up on his elbows with a flirting grin.

"No, really. Why?"

The playfulness went out of Chat's eyes as his ears drooped in relation with his emotions. "I needed a break from home."

"Wh-"

"Can I stay here?" He cut in, then quickly started to reverse. "N-not like, inside or anything. Just here. Here is fine."

"Bu-"

"You know what? This is stupid. I'm really sorry for bothering you." Chat shook his head, smiling in apology before turning around to leave. He was just extending his staff when Marinette caught his tail.

"Chat!" She called, laughing a little when he gave her a bewildered stare. "Silly cat, just come inside."

A grin lit up the hero's entire face as he followed Marinette into her bedroom. Peering around, the myriad of posters on her wall immediately caught his eye.

"Is that..." Chat squinted, even though he could see perfectly fine who the boy in the pictures was. Adrien Agreste, his alter ego, was featured on page after glossy page.

Marinette squeaked, her face turning pink as she frantically moved to tug him away. "Ne-nevermind that! Come on, your dirty boots are on my sheets."

"Sorry!" Chat quickly jumped off her bed. His focus, however, still remained on the posters. "He's that model boy, right? You must be a big fan." He was flattered at the idea.

"Adrien's a good friend of mine," Marinette explained, looking to the side, "And yeah, he's a model, but there's a lot more to him than that. He's one of the kindest people I know."

Chat's jaw almost hit the floor at that. Marinette was practically a saint, and here she was giving him one of the highest of compliments. Well, technically him. Chat's insides warmed to the point that he might have melted onto the floor.

"A-anyway, I'm gonna head downstairs, so you can just hang out if you like." Marinette was unsure what to do now that Chat was actually in her house. She didn't exactly have any entertainment planned.

Luckily, the hero wasn't opposed to the idea. "M'kay. Are you working on something?"

"Yeah, actually. I'm designing my own dress for the dance that's coming up at my school." Marinette starting heading down the stairs. "Wanna see?"

"Yeah!" He had never gotten to glance through one of her sketchbooks before, though he had seen her with them at school all the time. This is awesome.

"It's just a rough sketch." Marinette handed him her book, sitting down at her desk while looking round to make sure Tikki was safely hidden. She talked Chat through her notes and described the flower design she had planned. He seemed to know a lot of the terminology she was using, so it wasn't hard to explain. Chat marveled at the design. The cut was something even his father hadn't thought of, and it was just so... Marinette.

"This is paw-sitively amazing," he gushed, giving her the book back. "I've never seen anything like it."

"Are you close to the fashion industry?"

That was a hard question. "Ye-yeah, relatively. My dad works in retail." He wasn't lying.

"I see." Marinette wanted to push further, but she knew Chat shouldn't give too much away. His identity had to remain a secret at all costs, and she would be going back on her word as Ladybug if she asked any more from him. She picked up her pencil again, saying kindly, "I'm gonna keep working on this, but you can watch if you like."

"Okay!" Chat knelt on the floor, propping his arms up on her desk to watch as she continued to darken her sketch, adding more detail here and there. A wide sash appeared at the waist, the placement of the flowers and the color scheme was finalized, and Marinette completed the look with her looping signature, dotting the 'i' with a heart. She wrote the date in the top corner of the page and presented it to him with a flourish.

"Ta-da!"

Both of the teenagers wore silly grins that to a stranger would seem a bit more than friendly.

"You're amazing, Marinette," Chat praised, giving the girl a bit of deja vu. Where had she heard that before?

"Thanks," she murmured, turning a little pink before immediately chastising herself. This is Chat, not Adrien. Why are you blushing?

All burdening questions were set aside as Chat's piercing green stare met her own. Marinette's ocean eyes grew even wider as the hero's face moved even closer. He wasn't doing it on purpose; the cat in him had become distracted by the light shining in her irises. Such a brilliant blue...

The girl squeaked as she leaned back a little too far in her chair and came crashing down to the floor. His trance broken, Chat yelped and made a mad dash to catch her. Both of them ended up on the shag rug, Marinette becoming trapped beneath Chat's body as he cradled her head with one hand, his weight resting on the other. Her sketchbook, chair, and other various items littered the floor, quite forgotten as the two found themselves in their new position.

"Marinette?" her mother called from downstairs, "Are you alright up there?" She knew her daughter to be clumsy, so the loud crash from above hadn't been much of a surprise.

Marinette gulped, the moment broken. "Yes, Maman, I'm fine!" They quickly untangled themselves, apologizing with burning faces while refusing to look each other in the eye.

Somewhere hidden, little Tikki was overcome with silent giggles. So close!

This is my first attempt at a oneshot for Miraculous, so I hope you liked it! Comment below if you want more, and what you would like to see. :D ~ Bubbles