Prolouge (PLEASE READ)

My name is Paislee Kinsley.

I was fifteen when I had my first abortion—after I was raped by my brothers best friend.

Mom and Dad to this day don't know, neither does my brother. I've kept this my secret for as long as I could remember, and it's hard to face the fact that maybe I could've turned this around—rewritten my history a little different.

Now though, all is done.

I'm almost twenty-four and up until now the memory pricks at my grieving soul. The "what if's" haunt my brain as if I knew the incident was going to happen. As if I knew I was meant to be scarred like this—even if it was eight years ago.

Eight years ago.

I can still remember what happened, where I was, what I was previously doing that wasn't worth doing. I remember thinking of where I should've been that day, what I was supposed to be doing that day. There's so many things I could've been busy doing, but unfortunately, the event ended with a sore and many years of regret; many years of suffering.

If suffering is even the right word to describe it.

Although there's still some part of me that's the same outgoing and precious girl I was, the pain has caused that part of me to drift away in the sea of my inner mind. I can't remember the last time I even enjoyed something.

But, it's okay.

I want more in life than to feel the emptiness consume me, more than the pain I consistently endure. I want to be more than I've ever imagined I'd be, I know it's all up to me.

But I can't seem to figure out why it's so difficult to find that the ones you care for simply can up and leave without a trace.

They're ones you want most.

They're ones you can never have.

And that haunts me sometimes.

(Hello beautiful people, it's great to finally post again. Please note that all content in this novel is my own and if plagiarized in any way, will receive proper consequences. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me via dm. Thank you so much for reading and the first chapter will be here soon. Stay Captivated)