Part 1:

"So Blondie, what's your poison?" A bartender leaned onto the counter opposite of a young blonde who certainly seemed to fit the venue. Dressed head to toe in leather. Her black leather pants gripping at her alluring figure, and her black leather jacket covering a golden yellow muscle tee.
"Wow, you're not even gonna card me? I don't look that old do I?" The blonde laughed, adjusting the SnapBack that sat backwards on her head.
     "No need. I took a peek at the set list." He answered casually, "You're Yang Xiao Long. You play for Beacon."
      "Well if that's the case. A strawberry sunrise." Yang turned away back to the venue, taking in the scene of all the musicians and fans piling into the floor in front of the stage. The stage Yang would be on in just a few hours. She quickly turned back to the bartender, "Oh! And one of those little umbrellas, if you've got 'em."
     The bartender gave a friendly nod and turned his back to grab a glass. He immediately turned back around to mix the drink in front of his customer. "You know. I checked out a lot of the bands playing tonight. Yours being one of them. You've got some good songs. You've got a shot at this thing."
     "Oh yeah?" Yang said, raising a brow, "glad you enjoy our stuff. But uh, we got any competition?"
     "Not any serious competition." He started shaking Yang's drink, "there's a lot of amateur bands here. They're good sure, but you don't needa worry about them taking top three from you. You'll easily advance to L.A."
    Yang sighed heavily, a sense of relief flowing through her, "That's good to hear. Jaune, Our guitarist. He's been worried sick about this."
     "You guys have nothing to fear." He said and slid the drink to Yang, gently placing a tiny umbrella in it, "enjoy the drink."
     Yang nodded at the bartender with a smile before grabbing her drink and spinning her stool around back towards the stage. There was her dream, right in front of her. A packed house, cheering fans, and blinding lights. All on her, and her band mates of course. They had played other gigs before, but those were small dives where people were only there to get drunk and pretend they cared about the band. This was it, though. This was real. This was her first step into her dream. And Ruby's too obviously. She couldn't forget about her sister. After all, they'd been talking about this since she was eight and Ruby was six.
      "Now tell me, what's a girl like you doing with a drink like that" a skeevy guy, at least ten years older and reeking of cigarettes and failed dreams, asked and slid up onto the stool next to Yang. Yang suppressed her groans and threw on a fake smile to show the man.
     "You gotta problem with my drink choice?" Yang asked, somewhat aggressively, dropping her smile. This guy wasn't worth the effort.
     "No no. Not at all." The man replied with a chuckle, "just, surprised, is all."
     "Well, I've always been told I'm full of surprises..." Yang muttered quietly, but even with the drone of the crowds, the man still heard her.
      "Oh really?" He laughed and raised a brow, "well why don't you go ahead and show me a few of those surprises?"
      "Excuse me?" Yang turned towards the man in shock, clearly offended by his innuendo.
      "You know. You, me, and my place a few blocks back. You can show me a few of your surprises that you're apparently chock-full of."
     "You and me won't be doing anything together, so I suggest you leave." Yang growled at him, "or I'll get security to escort you out."
     "Oh cmon sweetheart. Don't be like that." The man said and reached out to brush Yang's hair out of her face. Before he could even get close, the blonde had smacked his hand away and slammed it into the bar, holding it in her grasp.
     "I said leave." Yang repeated, growling even harsher and glaring at him with a stare that could scare the devil himself. Yang shoved the man away and he stumbled away, the fear of god put into him.
     "You know what they say, don't mess with the dragon if you don't wanna get burned." A voice said behind Yang, so she turned to see a young woman head to toe in ice white with a long white ponytail.
     "Well Ice Queen, I'm sure you're completely innocent and haven't left a single frozen heart in this place." Yang joked and patted the barstool next to her, so Weiss joined her, although not getting a drink.
     "That is so not the point!" Weiss defended, "but even so, I haven't done any like that."
      "He's a big boy, he'll be fine." Yang shrugged and took a sip of her drink, "but honestly, I'm just worried about Ruby in a place like this. Maybe if I scare some guys enough they won't try with anyone else."
      "I wouldn't worry about her. She has Jaune looking out for her." Weiss assured her bandmate, "and Qrow. Wherever he is."
     "Probably getting drunk backstage." Yang joked, much to Weiss's surprise, "cause he's not at the bar."
     "You're not worried about him?"
     "Nah, he does this all the time. You know that. It's fine." Yang shrugged, but the way her face fell said otherwise. It was subtle, but when you've known someone for as long as Weiss knew Yang, it's easy to pick up.
    "Yang?" Weiss placed her hand on her friend's shoulder.
      "I said it's fine Weiss." Yang snapped and downed the rest of her drink before slamming it down, "cmon, lets go find Ruby before the bands start coming on."
     "Alright..." Weiss sighed and slowly slid of her stool, following the fiery blonde.