Clumsy: a Shadouge One-Shot

Had they really been at it for ten minutes now? Who the hell even cares, Shadow thought to himself as he dodged yet another one of Rouge's signature screw-kicks. Anger distorted time significantly, about as much as a Chaos Emerald distorted time and space. Who to know better than him? At that point in this little skirmish, it didn't matter how long the jet-black, blood-red-streaked hedgehog been fighting with this beautiful, but still quite stubborn, bat-girl. Whether it had been for ten seconds or even ten hours, it was still her fault this petty altercation existed to begin with.

He locked his eyes on his target, curled himself up, and zoomed her way. When he uncurled and landed on the ground, he heard a crash coming from a wall about fifteen feet away. "Hmph. And you had the nerve to call me clumsy," he sneered scornfully. "Might I suggest to you who the situation befits better?" He ran toward her with his fist raised, only to be met with an iron boot sole to his chest. He too eventually made contact with a wall on the other side of where Rouge was standing. He grunted as he got back on his feet; there were moments where he forgot that this bat, this alluring, mysterious girl with glowing skin and flirty aqua eyes, was just as powerful a force to be reckoned with as he was, especially when angry.

"Considering you were the one who tripped, I'd say you!" Rouge, now with a fat lip added to her list of injuries from the fight, darted at Shadow with the full force of a torpedo, but his fist made contact with her stomach and she abruptly dropped to the floor. She felt a gust of wind blow past her as she attempted to stand up. However, thanks to her lack of air, she staggered back down. Damn it, she thought. If he plays it this tough, he's gonna force all the air out of my system.

"That was all your doing, bat-girl," Shadow replied. His blood-red eyes were narrowed now, almost glowing with fury. "If you just mentioned the name--"

"Of my client?" Rouge somehow gathered enough strength to sweep her leg hard enough to kick him in the shins and knock him down. "I don't think so. " He curled up for yet another homing attack, but barely missed; she was back up in the air flying away while he crashed back into the wall.

"Why, you... " Shadow saw her about to fly up toward a broken window. The sunlight made her white hair cast an iridescent glow. But that was the last thing on his mind. Right now, he concentrated on nothing but his growing anger. "DAMMIT!" He focused on his target and homed in. "COME BACK HERE!" He felt himself make contact. A grunt of pain somehow escaped from Rouge's mouth, but his anger clouded his hearing. "Come here and face me...." he snarled.

Rouge definitely felt finished at this point. After being kicked, punched, and shoved around for fifteen minutes now, the physical pain started taking its toll on her. She felt blood dripping down her shoulder and staining her glove. Her jumpsuit was ripped at the legs and at her back. She even spotted numerous scuff marks on her boots.

But she was an agent for G.U.N. And agents like them, she learned, didn't back down easily from fights like these.

"Oh, so you wanna fight dirty now, do ya?" She was back up in no time at all. "Bring it on." she hissed. "Fight me like a man. It'll be the last thing you'll ever frickin' do."

"You dare question my power, bat-girl?" Shadow was infuriated now. "So be it." He eyes flashed with anger as he grabbed the green Emerald he dropped before the fight began. "CHAOS--"

He was cut off by a screw-kick to the face. If his face were ever to show a black eye (assuming his status as the ultimate life form wasn't the case), then it would have emerged immediately. When his eyes were fully able to register his surroundings, the first thing he spotted was his snow-white adversary flying away with the Emerald in her left hand. She turned to face him. "Not gonna happen, mister." She shook her head.