Introduction

꧁༒•introduction•༒꧂

Betrayal.
How does that sound to you, my dear lover?
Does it ring in your ears, does it stomp on your heart?
Does it tear your mind to shreds and then stitch the pieces with a thread of rotten gold?
Perhaps gold doesn't rot, but you managed to make it do so.
You mixed bittersweet concoctions of sin with my blood, pouring the scorching poison down my throat until my insides were ardently ablaze.

You broke me.

Does that satisfy you, lover? Did you enjoy seeing me crumble to pieces like shards of glass?
But glass can cut when it's broken.
You're dangerous, you're deadly
but more so, you're insane.
And maybe that's why I loved you.
Love can be lethal, can't it?
You can get addicted to the venomous euphoria
until you choke on it.
And die.

And I love you.

Sincerely,
Your lover.

***

Upon Albus Dumbledore's request, Rosalind Bonaccord cannot help but go back to England, back to where it all started. He asks her to stop the growing monster, but the task is deemed impossible when she meets Tom Riddle all over again. He's much more charismatic, magnetic, electric.. and Rosalind finds herself in the dilemma of choosing between the Wizarding World's safety and the man she loves. Tom is completely submerged in darkness by the time she encounters him again, and she realises that perhaps the Devil's sins are too numerous for him to be redeemed, after all.

*****************

If you decided to give this book a chance, then thank you! You're really appreciated!

I recommend that you read the first book (The Devil's Redemption) before this one, but The Dark Side could still be read as a stand-alone because it follows a different plot.

Anyways, I truly hope you enjoy reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it!

~Sparklejet