Chapter One: The Beginning

I stood in the cold rain, shuddering at the thought of losing my best friend. The tears streaming down my face.... the aching feeling in my feet. I stared at my best friend as she walked away from me, from my life, from our friendship. I knew this day was going to come..... but I didn't know it was going to come so fast.

A Few Very Long Weeks Before That...

"Mark and Amber called," my best friend, Betty, said as she folded her clothes and hung them up in her closest. I stood up and started towards her mini fridge while saying, "what do they want now?" You could see the intensity in Betty's shoulders when she turned around and pierced her bright green eyes into my hazelnut eyes. "They want us to go to their party, and we are going Viv! We can't just skip just because Amber stole your boyfriend, Jaran, from you!" You could see the instant regret of what she just said on her face as soon as she said it, "Viv... I am so sorry.., I didn't mean it. Please forgive me for being so reckless and not watch what I'm saying!"
I could feel the waterworks happening.... but I have to be strong. "I'm all good Betty, I know you meant no harm in that little comment, but don't worry. I'm already over it." I smiled at her to encourage her that I actually forgave her.... honestly, in truth. I did forgive her, I'm not mad at her. After all, she is my best friend, and best friends never abandon each other.
Betty smiles at me as she looked through her closet for something to wear. She pulled out a dress and hands it to me. "My gift, for saying that awful, mean, horrible thing to you," she said as she puts it into my hand and shoves my hand back to me. I stare at the dress, it is absolutely beautiful.

 I stare at the dress, it is absolutely beautiful