Just add Flour.

'Lilith, what in the heavens are you doing?' Zelda called from the kitchen, rolling her eyes as her wife appeared at the doorway and leaned against it in mock seduction.

'Getting ready for you, my sweet, sweet Zelda.' Lilith batted her ocean blue eyes at the ginger witch, trying her best to keep a straight face as she watched Zelda, who she could tell was considering throwing a spoon at her.

Instead, Zelda tossed a flowery, frilly apron her way before picking up an egg and cracking it against a bowl.

Lilith dropped the flirting and pouted, putting the apron on over her head. 'I thought you were joking when you said we were baking a cake.'

'And why would it be a joke?' She frowned, picking up the whisk from the table and lowering it into the bowl.

'Zelds.' Lilith turned the whisk the right way round in her wife's hand. 'You set a saucepan on fire the other day trying to boil an omelette.'

'Oh shush, how was I to know that you are meant to fry an omelette? Hilda usually does the cooking...'

'Yes, and now we know why.' Lilith laughed, kissing Zelda's cheek, which had gone slightly red with embarrassment. 'Now, what are we doing this for?'

'Sabrina's birthday,' Zelda said, pouring some flour into the bowl without measuring. 'Hilda is busy at the bookstore and she doesn't have time to bake one, so I thought we could bake it instead. You can start with the icing.'

'Yes ma'am,' Lilith said, winking exaggeratedly. 'Okay okay fine!' She laughed as Zelda whacked her on the arm with the whisk, flecks of the gooey cake mixture sticking to the brunette. 'Where is the recipe?'

'What recipe?'

'The recipe for Hilda's lasagne- what recipe do you think? The one for this cake.'

Zelda looked at her wife in mild surprise, 'We don't need a recipe, I know what I'm doing.'

'Sweetie, that's lard you're putting in the bowl.'

'And?'

'You use butter to bake a cake.' Lilith tried and failed to suppress more laughter. Zelda has many talents but baking wasn't one of them.

Zelda threw the whisk down on the table and stepped back sulking, 'Fine, you do it if I'm such an idiot!'

'I never said you were an idiot sweetie, look we can just start again, I'll show you how to do it.' Lilith took hold of Zelda's arm and gently pulled her back as she tried to storm away. Zelda's green eyes softened slightly at Lilith's touch and she watched as Lilith vanished the contents of the bowl and conjured a recipe for chocolate and raspberry cake.

'Here, you need three eggs. If you crack them into the bowl and whisk them I'll measure the flour.'

The two set to work making the cake, with Lilith occasionally reminding Zelda to follow the recipe and stopping her when she tried to pour eight cups of sugar into the cake mix.

Finally, the cake mix was finished and poured into a cake tin. Zelda gently placed the cake in the oven and sighed in relief: she never did like baking, though Lilith made it more tolerable. She turned around to see Lilith scooping out the remainder of the cake mix from the bowl and eating it.

'Lilith, what are you doing? You're going to get ill eating that,' she said, shaking her head at her wife's childish antics.

'No I won't,' Lilith argued, still eating the mix. 'I'm the Queen of Hell. I don't get ill, I'm invincible.'

'Tell that to your stomach later,' Zelda muttered, prying the bowl out of Lilith's hands and putting it in a sink full of water before she could snatch it back.