CROLOZALIA CHRONICLES : INHERITANCE

PROLOGUE

Port City – Cleatus

Panic and hysteria have spread all throughout the land. All senses are overwhelmed by what's happening in the perimeter. You can see dead bodies everywhere; some are blown to pieces, barely recognizable. Adult and children alike cannot evade such tragic fate. You can feel the tingling sensation of destruction magic in the air, and the rumbles of the earth from the impact of explosive projectiles. The stench of rotting flesh is overriding the smell of burning tar used to prevent the enemies to penetrate the city but it only cornered it more.

Residents fled from the city to take refuge from the disastrous event that's taking place. The buildings are burned and reduced to ashes. The remaining victims became the soldiers’ plaything; they either raped or teased the cornered residents before killing them. They particularly enjoyed making their prey think that they let them go when they would just kill them anyway. They are amused by it, but their general- one of the 6 Blood Shade General that Leonarcus gathered - gets high from the sight of shock and lifeless stare of their victim. He feels delicious shivers from the ear-piercing scream that they let out. He giggles with glee when blood ooze out of their bodies. He’s Lexus, the Dark Tune Puppeteer. Don’t get fooled by his youthful appearance and shining guitar, he’s not your typical rock star. Once you get caught up by his hypnotizing tune, he’ll make you do the death dance.

“Hahaha!! More!! More!! I want to hear more! Their cries are addictive aren’t they?? Let’s make them sing and dance! HAHAHA!! Bleeding Pirouette!” He named his attack , and as he pluck the first string on his guitar, a whip like silhouette lashed out and hit the remaining survivors, cutting their flesh deep like knife but not enough to kill them. It only makes them move inside the enclosure made by the soldiers to dodge the onslaught, but the more they move the more their wounds multiply until they bled to death.

When all of them died, Lexus faced his soldiers.. “Hmm.. That was fun!” he smiled brightly at them, “Where’s Erina?”

“I’m here, Master. What can your devoted servant do for you?” a lady with long white wavy hair and wearing a black mini dress with lightweight armor on top of it steps out on the right. The armor has Leonarcus’ Blood Shade insignia on the left breastplate, and on the right Dark Tune Puppeteer platoon’s crest All of Shainava’s soldiers have the same insignia and the crest was depending on which Blood Shade Member they belongs to, the only difference was the type of metal used for the engraving. Ordinary soldier have bronze, High Ranking officers was silver and for the right hand of their master, gold. Erina is the right hand man or in this case woman of Lexus. Unlike Lexus, you can barely guess what’s on her mind and her expressionless face didn’t help at all. She’s quiet, observant, smart, moves with stealth and fiercely loyal, a deadly combination for her masters enemy.

“Erina, where are my other playmates? I counted and many of them are missing.” Lexus pouted at her.

“Master, 30 of them tried to escape. I already eliminated 29 of them but one (1) escaped using a teleportation crystal. He went to Crizalis, Vaishnava’s capital.”

“Aww... Poor you, your prey escaped?” Lexus turned his back from Erina.

Erina known awfully well that his master’s tone was not out of concern instead he’s seething with disappointment. “I’m sorry master. If it would ease your anger to know, he didn’t escape unscathed.” Erina bowed her head before her master.

“Oh well, let it be Vishnu’s farewell present from His Highness.” He said with dismissal and his lips graced with a knowing smile. “…because, she won’t be living for long once our Shiva makes his move.” He turned around and faced Erina. “We’ll camp here and wait for further instructions from His Highness, and I need entertainment while we feast. Since you’re unable to finish your kill, I’ll let you have one of the soldiers. Just let me watch and make sure it’ll be enjoyable.” Upon hearing that, the soldiers shuddered from where they stand… One of them will die a slow death tonight.