Chapter 1 " in which Marius is an idiot"

3rd person P.O.V.

        " GOOD GOD MARIUS YOU KNOW I'M DATING ENJ", Eponine screamed at Marius. "I'M NOT SORRY," Marius stopped yelling, "I thought you loved me too, 'Ponine please." Marius pleaded               "Don't  'Ponine me, Mister, you can't just come up to me after I just got engaged and tell me that after all this time you love me! Honestly how stupid."

 Marius just shrunk in place he thought Eponine would be at least a little happy to know he loved her back after all these years but sadly for him no she was infuriated. " you- You're engaged"?, this is the first time Marius had heard anything of an engagement, he had known it would be risky to tell Eponine how he felt about her now that she was seeing Enjolroas but he didn't care he needed to tell her his feeling towards her. 

" Yes Marius, Enjolras proposed to me yesterday after the ABC meeting. He had insisted we take a walk around town before heading home so I agreed I just love seeing him smile its so cute anyway just before we got home he knelt down and asked me to marry him and of course I said yes I love him, unlike some people," Eponine was directing this comment at Marius obviously she was mad with and at him so she made it hurt by not only rubbing salt in the would by also adding vinegar and lemon. 

" Marius I was done waiting around for you to love me I eventually gave up on you're wedding night that's why I wasn't there I was at home attempting to drink away my problems but I guess Enjolras suspected I would throw my self a pity party with tons of alcohol so before I could forget that night he came to my house and made sure I was ok. " You see Marius he cared and I knew from that point on that he was the one and NOT you.

Eponine was in tears she was bawling her eyes out when she should have been celebrating her engagement she was instead fighting with Marius AGAIN.

"Well' Marius said you won't have to worry about Cosette any more her and me are no longer together we..." Eponine cut him off " What do you mean no longer together you two were like the poster child for the " perfect couple" you know inseparable all lovey-dovey and stuff WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!?" 

"Jezz. Eponine you didn't have to shoot me down like that I'm already low enough." Marius said it was true he was at the bottom of the heap first his wife divorced him then his ", best friend" and now crush is engaged once he realizes he loves her how much lower could he possibly get, well he was about to find out.

" Look Eponine it wasn't my fault I swear she kept saying how I wasn't providing for her enough so she started sleeping around you know she just wasn't the same so eventually I pulled the plug I let her go I couldn't put up with it emotionally anymore I needed to care for myself". 

Marius felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders he had finally told someone hat had happened to him and Cosette he was relieved. He thought Eponine would see what he was going through and have some sympathy, but boy was he wrong.

Eponine could tell that Marius needed to get that off his chest but she wasn't gonna forgive him that easily she was Eponine for god sakes she would never back down without a fight. 

Eponine was still mad but not as mad although she was mad enough at Marius to slap him, and so she did - WHAM- right on the cheek the sound of skin on slapping skin still echoing the ally way they were occupying.

Eponine was surprised with herself, surprised that she would slap him and that she actually did she was powerful in her mind and in her hand apparently because the power of her slap was so strong in had Marius tumble back a couple of steps.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR EPONINE", Marius yelled at her, his hand flying to his cheek. Marius thought that Eponine would be forgiving mabey even just a little but no she wasn't she had slapped him. She didn't even hesitate. 

My how the tables have turned, just a mear year ago Eponine would have been so overjoyed that Marius had told her he loved her but now as he said it Eponine hated it, didn't want to believe it even.

"That", Eponine paused for the dramatics before continuing, "Monsieur Pontmercy was for being an idiot."

     Hey guys thanks for reading this fanfic I know it might be that good but I'm still kinda new to this so bear with me on this. I don't have a posting schedule really because of school, homework, rehearsal, and just general writer's block and also none of these characters are mine they all belong to the wonderful Victor Hugo! please comment and vote.