You're On

Authors Note: Hi Guys I hope you enjoy this little story that just randomly popped into my brain. This is set at the end of Battle of the Labyrinth.
DISCLAMER: I DO NOT OWN PERCY, ANNABETH OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERS MENTIONED IN THIS STORY ONLY SOME OF THE PLOT.

ΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨ

Annabeth and I pretty much skirted  around each other. I was glad to be with her, but it also kind of hurt, and it hurt when I wasn't with her, too.

I wanted to talk to her about Kronos, but I couldn't do that anymore without bringing up Luke. And that was one subject I couldn't raise. She would shut me out every time I tried. But I decided to gather up my courage and try again, even if it pushed us further away from each other.

She was sitting on a bench in front of the Big House, she had the glint in her grey eyes that she always gets when she's thinking. But that glint dissolved as I sat on the bench, she looked at the ground "Percy don't-" Annabeth started. "I know what your going to say-"
"Please, just hear me out." I said, she was still looking at the ground but I knew she was listening.

"I get where your coming from, if someone came up to me and told me that Grover was possessed by Kronos, and the only reason why was because he was an evil madman before, I would feel mad, sad and angry too. And all I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry, for everything." I finished speaking while looking at the ground, Annabeth hadn't even looked up once while I was speaking. I sighed and turned around about to walk away when Annabeth whispered "You do know that mad and angry mean the same thing, right seaweed brain?"

She tilted up her head and she had a little grin on her face. I answered with the ingenious response of "uhhh..." Annabeth just laughed.
She got up and held out her hand "Friends?" I took her hand and pulled her in for a hug. "Friends." I said with a grin of my own.

July passed, with fireworks on the beach at the Forth of July. August turned so hot the strawberries had started baking in the fields. Finally the last day of camp arrived.

The standard form letter appeared on my bed after breakfast, warning me that the cleaning harpies would devour me if I stayed past noon. At ten o'clock I stood on the top of Half-Blood Hill, Annabeth beside me, waiting for the camp van that would take me into the city. I'd made arrangements to leave Mrs O'Leary at camp, where Chiron promised that she'd be looked after. Tyson and I would take turns visiting her during the year.

I was happy that Annabeth was riding into Manhattan with me to see and stay with my mom in her apartment. She would go back to her dad's place in San Francisco halfway through summer to go to a private school that she was sure she'd hate, but for now she was staying in our spare room. She said I could help her study and figure out Daedalus's laptop, that had engrossed her for the last two months, though I wasn't sure I'd be much help.

We were still waiting on the hill when Annabeth turned to me. "Percy about the prophecy..." She took a deep breath. "You should know the truth." She stared at the woods in the distance.
"You shall delve in the darkness of the endless maze," Annabeth said quietly. "The dead the traitor and the lost one raise," She looked strained like she didn't want to continue so I did the next line for her. "You shall rise or fall by the ghost kings hand," I said gently. "The child of Athena's final stand- that was Daedalus," But in all honesty the first time I heard that I nearly had nightmares that it would be Annabeth "Destroy with a hero's final breath. That makes sense now. Daedalus died to destroy the labyrinth. But Annabeth, the last line..." She looked up and whispered "And lose a love to worse than death," By this time she had tears in her eyes some of them running down her face. Suddenly she swept me up in a hug and chocked out "I thought I was going to lose you." Gently I threaded my fingers through her hair waiting until she had calmed down a bit more, I brought my hand up to her chin and lifted her head up so she could look into my eyes. "You are never ever going to lose me Wise Girl, that's a promise." I gave her a small lopsided smile.

Annabeth's eyes changed from a look of sadness to a look of pure mischief. All of a sudden she grew a competitive grin and pushed herself back from me. "So seaweed brain, how about a race to the bottom of the hill, just like when we were 12?" I grin back at her my excitement gleaming "Your on." And in a flash we were both speeding down the hill ready to take on our next new adventure.

                                    {~~THE END~~}

   ΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨψΨ

I hope you enjoyed this guys thanks for reading it! XD

- Until next time, Serrin_Tyr