Can You Feel My Heart

I laid across the sofa-bed-thing on the tour bus, keeping my vision fixed in the window as the silhouhette of a man I thought I loved carressed another woman. Of course, he wasn't mine. He never was. I guess I just thought...

        "I need some fresh air." I turned toward my band mates, giving a soft sigh. "I'll be back in 5 minutes." Alex, our lead guitarist, followed me outside, making me roll my eyes. "I wanted to be alone, Alex. Why can't you understand that?"

        "Sammie, you can't be like that forever. Look, it's his fault. You didn't know Oli was married. You have to get over him and accept the fact that he's a jerk. Most guys are." Alex brushed my purple bangs from my eyes, a drink in his other hand. "Come on. Let's just go inside, have a few drinks, and make the best of our last night on tour, yeah?"

        I shivered, sniffling. "Yeah.. I guess I could use a drink or two." I looked down. "Or ten." I mumbled to myself.

        "Atta girl. Come on, inside." Alex grabbed my arm with a smile, leading me up the steps of the bus. Oli gave me a hateful look. I didn't hate him. I never could. His wife was... gorgeous. And she had such a lovely name.  Hannah Pixie-Snow. Who wouldn't love a girl like her?

        It wasn't always like this. Perhaps I should start at the beginning of the story, the beginning of the tour, the beginning of a love that was sure to fail.