Prologue

"Bye Mum!" James Potter called as he ran onto the train, looking for three other boys, or in his proud words, his honorary brothers.

James jogged throughout the train, his messy black hair getting messier as he went and his round glasses began to slip down his nose before he pushed it up.

Suddenly, he was tackled from behind.

"Prongsy, oh how I missed you!" Sirius Black cried out dramatically. Other students laughed or scoffed as they rolled their eyes at the pair.

"Get off of me Pads," James retorted as Sirius bounced back up, his almost shoulder length black and curly hair bouncing as he did so.

James got to his feet as he and Sirius gave the other a 'manly' hug, James' brown and Sirius' gray eyes shining in amusement.

"Where's Moony and Wormtail?" James asked, noticing that Sirius didn't have his luggage on him.

"In the compartment for a Marauders Meeting," Sirius replied as they walked to the end of the train to their designating compartment. No one else but the Marauders were allowed to go in there.

"Who called the meeting?" James asked, baffled. Usually, it was he who called the meetings, not the other ones. And if they did, it was usually just a pointless meeting. And if that didn't help, Sirius checked for others listening in when he whispered the reason for the meeting into James' ear.

"Frost called it."

That was all it took for the two boys to speed up to try and reach their compartment faster.

They burst in, making the boy called Peter Pettigrew, otherwise known as Wormtail, jump. His mousy brown hair that was styled in a bowl cut that looked new, his small blue eyes widening in surprise.

Remus Lupin, the boy with honey brown hair, otherwise known as Moony, merely looked up before looking back down to his book, his light brown eyes darting from side to side.

No other person was present in the compartment, or at least, wasn't visible.

"Where is Frost?" James asked, bewildered. Remus gave him a look as Sirius slapped his forehead with hand. James slowly came to the realization that the made the other boys doubt his smarts.

"Just sit down," Remus told him. "Frost is coming." Just as he said that, the compartment lights flickered, making Peter scream slightly in surprise. He really wasn't paying attention to anything besides the candy in his hands.

After a second of flickering lights, they shut off completely for a second before turning back on, revealing a person with a large black cloak pulled over their head. The person spoke in a chilling and unidentifiable voice.

"The stag prances around his brothers, the dog plays with his friends, the rat alerts them to danger, the wolf watches his loved ones."

Together, all four Marauders spoke as one.

"And the snow leopard stays hidden in the shadows, protecting the family from danger."

The person removed the hood from their head, revealing the person inside, who was grinning from ear to ear.

"Is it just me, or is James getting dumber?" the person asked in a soft, yet sharp joking tone. The voice of Frost was what made those who heard it awed, as it was smooth and silky yet sharp and stern.

"Oh Frosty, how we missed you!" James and Sirius called out together before knocking Frost to the ground.

"Get off," Frost said, and they quickly jumped up.