Once Upon A Time

____________________________________________________________

Unconditionally | Katy Perry

____________________________________________________________

**********************************************************************************

"But mom, why?!" I ask frustrated.

"I've already told a thousand times to not go near of a mile of The Forbidden Forest." She said authority strong in her voice.

"Um, Mom, The Forbidden Forest is right behind our backyard" I say smugly while pointing outside the kitchen window.

"Whatever. You know what I mean." she says waving her hand.

"Mom. Please. Just let me go in and I'll come right ba-"

"You dont get it, do you?! YOU. NEVER. COME. BACK. OUT!" She suddenly yells slamming her hands on the table.

I just stood there stunned. She has never yelled at me like that.

"Now. Go to your room young lady." She says calmly.

"Yes ma'am." I say and head toward my room.

"I'll be up in a minute for the explanation as to why you cannot go into The Forbidden Forest. Okay?" She says.

"Okay." I replay.

***

"Sweetie, the reason why you cannot and I repeat cannot go into The Forbidden Forest is because- well do you want to hear the story your grandmother told me when I was your age?" She asks.

"Sure, I guess." I reply.

"Well, you know how when people getter older they start to lose their memory, so don't get mad if it seems like some details are missing-"

"Rebecca!" an all to familiar voice yells from downstairs.

"Grandma!" I yell with excitement and hop out of bed to meet my grandmother downstairs.

"Valentine." My mother yells after me but I'm already out the door into my grandmother s arms.

"Aw my sweet Valerie! Oh how I've missed you."

"Its Valentine mother." my mothers voice says behind us. She didnt say it rudely. She said it as a reminder.

"Oh. Right."

"How come every time you come over, you call me Valerie?" I ask.

"I know a pixie who lives in The Forbidden Forest named Valerie. She looks just like you." She replies.

"You know a pixie from the Forest? Thats so cool! Mom told me that anyone that went in doesn't come back out."

"Honey thats only with men. They go in but they never come back out if you know what I mean."

"Mother!" My mother scolds

"Daughter!" Grams yells back sarcastically