Prologue Pt. 1

I do not own any of these characters. 

Annabeth's POV

             I woke up to the sound of screaming. I got out of bed and sprinted to Paige's room. Percy was right behind me. I threw open the door and saw an emposai. Percy drew Riptide and stabbed the emposai in the back. It disintegrated on the spot, leaving yellow dust on the floor. Paige was in her bed screaming and crying at what she had just seen. She had just turned 2, so that monster was a scary sight. I picked her up and tried to calm her down. "Shhhh," I said while rocking her. "That was the third monster in two days!" Percy exclaimed. "It's not safe for her. We can't be having to worry about leaving her alone. We need to do something, or she might be killed," he continued. " I know," I told him, "but I don't know what to do." I was a very scary thought that I might lose her.

Percy's POV

            A dozen thoughts were going through my head about what to do with Paige as I tried to fall back asleep, but one kept coming back to me. What if she went to live with a mortal family, and there were magical barriers to keep monsters from finding her? I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I decided to tell Annabeth about it in the morning. 

*next morning*

            I woke up to the sound of Annabeth making breakfast in the kitchen. I pried myself out of bed, and I headed to Paige's room to see if she was awake. I gently opened the door, careful not to make a sound in case she was asleep, and peeked over at her. She was asleep at first, but as I started to look away from her, her sea green eyes, like mine, fluttered open. She stared at me, then she said, "dada." I smiled at her, and she slid out of her bed and ran over to me. " How are you, my little ray of sunshine, after what happened last night?" I asked her, knowing she really wouldn't reply. She just gave me a little smile and ran out of her room, and into the kitchen.

(I know I could've put barriers around Percabeth's house, but I think the other way is more interesting.)