Prologue

Zegan Blu, what an absolutely absurd name yet somehow he himself thought it had a ring to it. However, most people said otherwise.  Not like he gave one shit though.  Zegan was just doing his own thing.  He may be the 'demon prince' but he couldn't care less what the other species thought of him.  To his dad, he was just his business partner nothing more, to his peer's competition or just a nobody, to his mother he was still a little kid, to someone mysterious he was something intriguing.

Zegan walked on the trail to his favorite spot taking in the cold whispy air of winter.  It had just started and most were repulsed, but Zegan was more than willing.  Winter is when he felt alive as if he actually had some significant purpose in this helpless world.  All life seems to die down in winter but he didn't mind.  If he were honest it actually gave him a rushing feeling of freedom.  It made him wanna run away from everything keeping him grounded.  He wanted to become as the dormant trees were still living life but not dealing with everything else just half there. He wanted the rush of freedom as he left half of what his life was behind, no stress to deal with.  No relationships, no meetings, no bullshit from others.  Just pure freedom to what he wanted. Zegan was a selfish bitchy human for sure.  He knew there was no way in hell that could happen at all.

Once the demon got there he sighed and sat on an old abandoned building's roof staring at what little life was left of winter's clutches. He sensed something different. Everything had been the same up till now so he started to doubt his senses. Still, he couldn't shake the thought of a storm building up to change his life. For now, he pushed the thought away.

A figure watched silently in a tree staring at the boring gem he found as his new entertainment. The little movie he'd been watching had been starting to get too dull. So it was time to spice it up a little bit.