Chapter 27

It was dusk. The night lanterns were slowly lit one by one, illuminating the city and driving away the growing darkness. Night has begun encroaching on Jianzhou City. Su Yang was standing beneath the golden plaque of the Róng Qīnwáng’s residence, tightly held in a certain someone’s embrace, and was kissed till he nearly suffocated.

Thankfully, Jing Cheng still understood the meaning of propriety. After satisfying a fraction of his craving, he loosened his hold, grasped Su Yang’s hand, and pulled him into the palace with wide strides.

Behind them, lay two neat rows of petrified people, all wearing similar ghastly expressions of having seen a ghost.

——What in the world just happened!!!!

After sluggishly returning to his senses, Deputy General Cao issued a stern order, “Guard your tongues well, do not let me catch wind of any gossip or rumour, else every single one of you will be punished!”

“Yes!!”

Faced with this sort of scene, Granny Wu drew herself up haughtily as befitting an elder of her years, threw them a scornful look which practically screamed ‘You ignorant peasants know nothing’, and briskly followed the two into the palace.

That’s right, what need for all the fuss! She has already weathered through an even bigger trauma than this, this little bit of distraction is simply In! Sig! Nificant!

Deputy General Cao cast a discreetly admiring look at her. Truly, old gingers were the spiciest!

T/N : The older, the feistier. 

As Su Yang was pulled inside by Jing Cheng, he reached out and touched his own reddened lips which were still slightly numb and tingling. He privately wondered if Jing Cheng suffered from some sort of skin-hungry disease. Why was there the need to kiss, touch and hug at every turn? The man was more clingy than a small child.

The system: “You seduced him first.”

Su Yang: “……You talk too much.”

It’s perfectly normal to flirt when faced with a handsome man!

The system which talks too much nagged at him again, “The current progress is 33%, the host should continue to step up his efforts.”

Su Yang silently rolled his eyes. After having played a sweet and stupid boy for close to two months, he was already sick to death of himself. But it seems that Jing Cheng really liked this sort of behaviour, was he deprived of affection as a child?

Sensing an opportunity for business, the system offered, “A complete manual on the history and background of the target costs only 200 points. Our shop offers sincere treatment to all and fair trade to old and young alike, it is definitely a good bargain for you.”

“…….” Su Yang replied earnestly, “Just shut the hell up, you scammer.”

Each world’s mission only rewards him with 1000 experience points. For a bit of information to cost one-fifth of that, if he was that desperate, he may as well go ask Jing Cheng himself instead!

There were some impressions of Jing Cheng’s history in the original host’s memories, however. It seems that his origins were not particularly impressive. His mother had been a palace maid who, for reasons unknown, had passed away early. It could be that Jing Cheng did not receive any attention or care from the late Emperor because of this.