Chapter 28 (2/3)

Su Yang nibbled absent-mindedly on the candied fruit as the Imperial City came into view. In the end, the legendary all-seeing, all-knowing, omnipotent His Royal Highness the Róng Wáng, failed to show up on time. In fact, as a BL’s Gary Stu, he really fell short of expectations. Must leave another bad review!!

{T/N: For the Chinese, their version of Gary Stu is called a Jack Sue.  And er, for those who don’t know what Gary Stu is, he’s the male counterpart of Mary Sue. BL = Boys Love}

After silently cursing Jing Cheng as a SOB, Su Yang slowly got down from the carriage. And did he quietly follow Chen Erbao into the Imperial Palace?

{T/N: Su Yang actually called Jing Cheng a ‘mmp’ ( mài / 媽賣批), a slang which means ‘Your mom is a whore’. SOB = sonofabitch}

Of course not!

He bent and stretched his muscles a little, and then….. made a run for it!

His running posture was full of courage and determination, bursting with perseverance and resolve! Every step reflected humanity’s rebellious spirit and struggle in the face of tyranny and oppression! This is a declaration of war against the vicissitudes of fate!! This is the yearning for light and freedom!! This is the rallying cry of the weak and the vulnerable!!

Such a deeply moving scene shook Chen Erbao. He watched on silently.

After a while, having determined that it was nearly time, he waved his hand, “Bring him back.”

A few minutes later, Su Yang was carried back by the Imperial martial experts the same way one would carry a chicken.

If it wasn’t because he had to play at being a sweetly naive fool, he would have started shouting his head off at the front of the palace gates: “Lǎozi is the Róng Wángfēi, who dares to touch lǎozi, my Fūjūn will chop you up!”

{T/N: 老子 (lǎozi) – I, your father. Used in arrogant contempt.}

Chen Erbao looked at Su Yang in a somewhat pitying manner, and shook his head, “Wángfēi niángniáng, you……”

Su Yang’s face was haughty and indifferent. Don’t say anything, I know trying to run away was absolutely stupid okay!

But then he heard Chen Erbao give a ‘pfft’ of stifled laughter. “Your speed was only a little faster than that of a snail’s. If it wasn’t because His Majesty is waiting to see you, this servant would not have bothered to catch you.”

Su Yang: “…….”

Is the lack of exercise my fault? Is gasping after running a few steps my fault? Did you know that the two words ‘spoiled rotten’ was made-to-order for this Young Master!

Obviously, Chen Erbao wouldn’t know. He covered his mouth, tittering. Su Yang was so furious he wanted to punt him to the sky with a kick and then take him down with a flying scissor leg to teach him a lesson!

{T/N: Scissor attack : go to 0:39}

After this failure of an escape attempt, not only did those guarding him not raise their vigilance, they actually seemed even more relaxed.