I want my auntie nat -Morgan Stark

A/n well,,,,, hi!

Morgan was confused, there's so many people on her house— they're sad. She knew that. They're sad because her daddy is in a better place right now, or at least that's what mommy said.

She never left her mommy or Happy's side, because she didn't know the majority of these people— besides peter, her daddy has a picture of them together, maybe she'll ask about him later. Her small eyes are roaming everywhere for a certain redhead, her auntie.

When she didn't find her, she stormed outside before her mommy could stop her. She frantically searching for Natasha. People who attended the funeral just looked at her sadly.

Before she could ran again, pepper caught up with her and crouch down to her height

" morgan.... What are you doing?" Pepper asked, confused. She already told Morgan what happened to her daddy last night, and she didn't act this way. Morgan's eyes are brimming with tears.

" mommy, where's auntie nat? I want auntie nat! Mommy please find her " she yelled at her mommy and cried. Pepper was shocked.

Happy, rhodey and steve who heard the commotion walked over to them, Steve's gaze softened after seeing the child cries uncontrollably to her mother. He crouched down and rubbed the child's back.

Morgan thought that it was Natasha who rubbed her back, but then her hope sunk when she found out that it's only uncle steve.

" Morgan, are you okay?" Steve asked

" i want my aunt nat" she sniffles smally. Trying hard not to cry.

When she didn't hear her uncle's answer, she looked up at him and frowned. Her uncle steve is crying. His shoulders are hunched forward.

Morgan who doesn't like when her family cry, wiggled herself out of her mother's stiff figure towards Steve, and she pats his face trying to stop his crying.

Rhodey and Happy who was watching them, silently cried. They cried over the fallen heroes. If she didn't do what she did there, they wouldn't stand here with the other who didn't survived the snap.

" why did you cry 'ncle steve? Where's auntie nat? Why is mommy sad again? " Morgan asked him quietly, not wanting to make her mommy sad.

Steve just stared at the forest longingly, and nudged pepper

" Pepper, why don't you go and make some tea with Rhodey? I want to take a walk with morgan, if that's okay?" Steve asked Pepper, who was still silent after her daughter asked her about natasha. She only broke out of the trance when Happy rubbed her shoulder in a comforting manner.

" huh? Oh? Okay steve, just— just be safe okay? Don't go to far" she set them off and walked her way inside the house with Rhodey and Happy on her tail.

Steve then proceed to pick morgan up and make their way to the small path in the forest .

" ncle steve you didn't anwer my question?" She said softly to his shoulder.

" almost there kid. I'm gonna answer your questions there, okay?" Steve said as he rubbed her niece's back comfortingly. Morgan have no option than to wait. She just want to see her aunt.

Turns out, Steve took them to a part of the forest that isn't to crowded by trees. It's located not too far from the house, but it's far enough from the crowd.

They both sat on a bench. Steve stared off to space, God knows what he's thinking about. While Morgan waits patiently for her uncle to answer her questions.

" uh, do you—" he stopped himself and inhale deeply " do you remember what your mommy said about your daddy?" Steve asked the girl softly, not wanting to confuse her. She just nod slightly, not wanting to remember the pain knowing that her daddy couldn't make it back home to her. And how mommy said her daddy is in the better place now, resting. She didn't understand, why can't he just rest at home? With her and Mommy?

" well... Uh, so you know that your daddy saved a lot of people,right? Your daddy was a hero," steve said again. Morgan was confused

" and what does it have to do with auntie nat? " She asked quietly, clearly disappointed with his answer. Steve just stared at the girl sadly,

this girl lost so much,

Too much.

" your auntie nat did the same thing like your daddy, Morgan. She helped your daddy saved the world.... Now she's resting with daddy in a better place than here " steve said.

Morgan was silent. She just stared at her uncle and stared back at her lap , not saying anything. Steve just sighed sadly and keep her close to his chest.

At first, there's nothing. No sound. No words that was exchanged .

But then Steve felt the girl shifting. No, not shifting— shaking. He then felt a damp area around his collar.

Then she cried, hard.

Steve knows how much it hurts her, he just continuously rubbing her back, and whispering soothing words to calm her. Heck, he was trying so hard not to cry himself.

" it's going to be better, mo. I know it will.... Just hang in there, okay kiddo? We'll be okay. It's okay "

Word count : 865.