♡ Chapter One - Elmore ♡

( Author's note: I do not own The Amazing World of Gumball OR any of the characters! This is just fiction :) Please enjoy the story! )

It was your first day unpacking into your new house, and though you were sad to be leaving your hometown, you were also excited by the adventures that awaited you in this neighborhood..! Perhaps you will meet new friends, new enemies, new... lovers! Nobody knows, but the future, what is coming in this new place, and maybe, just maybe... That's when you were suddenly smacked across the face with something.

"Ow!" You called out, looking around the moving van. You sighed and smiled with relief and annoyance when you notice it was only your little brother, weilding a tennis racket as he tutted at you childishly. "Stop daydreaming, (y/n), we have TOOOONS of stuff to unpack!" He whined. "Teehehe, all right, Nicolas" you giggled softly and knelt down to his level to ruffle his mop of dirty blonde hair. He groans. "Are you gonna give me a big kiss, too?" Nicolas said dismissively. "Yupsies!" You grinned, picking the little boy up and giving him a smooch on the forehead. "Okay, okay! Put me down, big sissy!!" he squealed, snickering as he tried to wiggle from your grasp. "That's revenge for smacking me, silly" you said. "Your revenge is pretty lousy, big sissy"

You puff, picking up a large cardboard moving-box labelled "Nicolas' TOYS". It was surprisingly heavy, and you struggled to lift it. "Uuugh, gosh, how many toys do you have?!" you groan to Nicolas but upon looking around, realise he is long gone from the moving van. When you look out from the back, you see him talking to your mom, still gripping onto the tennis racket he smacked you in the face with. Your mom just nods at him and turns her attention back to her phone call - it must be your dad who she's talking to.

Your dad was at work right now, and that was also the main reason unpacking was taking AGES. "A little help here?" you ask, your voice wavering with exhaustion. "How much... can these toys... weigh.." You moan, stepping out onto the ramp of the moving van. Finally, you lose your balance and slip, sacrificing the box of your little brother's toys by letting it drop. However, this doesn't quite save you, and you flop onto your face anyway.

"Ughh" You sigh, getting up and rubbing your nose. You see Nicolas laughing his head off at you, and your mom still on the phone. "Nikki, please, help!" you laugh-cry, giggling to yourself as you stand up again. "Nuuuah, the house is only a few steps away! And I'm tired" Your brother grins, snuggling up into the fluffy yellow blanket he carries everywhere with him. "Besides, I've done enough work for today!" he declares smugly, a sly smile fading onto his face. "WHAT work" you ask, bending down to pick up the boy of his toys again, but when you look up, he's already sleeping.. Curled up on a yet-to-be-assembled cardboard moving-box.

Suddenly, you're terribly embarrassed by your rather ASHAMING family, and hope your neighbours aren't around to see it. However, to your dismay.. And, well, amusement, your neighbours ARE there, at the house across from the one you're moving into. You drag the box of Nicolas' toys down the moving van's ramp and stare, because, well, it's all you can do when you are faced with a large pink rabbit, smiling a goofy grin at you and waving like a total maniac. "Nicole!!" he calls, turning around to look into his window.

An athletic-looking, blue lady-cat steps outside, her eyebrows furrowed and her ears flat against her head in annoyance. "Richard, WHAT" she practically hisses. "Our new neighbours!" The pink rabbit - who you presume to be Richard - replies delightfully. The lady-cat who you assume is Nicole suddenly perks up and catches your gaze. She quickly smiles and waves. "Oh, hi!! I didn't know you were coming THIS early!! Ahaha.." she calls out to you and your family, smoothing down her clothes and trying to look calm and collected. Behind Nicole and Richard, and seemingly unbeknownst to them, the lawnmower is still on, there's a large drip of magenta paint running down the wall of their house, their bushes are strangely miscut and there is a small, pink bunny desperately trying to climb her way out of the chimney. "MOM!!" the bunny cries.

"Huh?!" Nicole turns around to face the scene and begins sweating. Needless to say, all the embarrassment you felt for your own family was now gone, and you were trying to process what was playing out in front of you. THESE PEOPLE were going to be your neighbours for the next chapter of your life.