Just Another Day

It had been 2 years since the death of Sonny Forelli, the drug lord of Liberty City. Not accidentally, Lance Vance had also been killed on the same day. It was very miraculous that both of them had been killed on the same day, in the same building by the same man – Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti was now 37. Some of his hairs were ageing, but not his body. No one could tell that he was a day above 32. He kept himself fit. He kept himself strong, moreover, he kept himself alive. He always carried a Desert Eagle gun with him. And he kept it loaded.

It was just another day for Tommy. He woke up at 6:30 A.M.

Tommy led a military – like lifestyle. He was very punctual and he had boundaries for everything he would do. But he led a military-like lifestyle, not a military lifestyle. Military lifestyle was a predictable lifestyle. An assassin would find it too easy to kill a military man. But Tommy wasn’t easy to kill. He used to change his schedule every day. Sometimes he would go for a jog, sometimes he would drive away.

Today, he decided to jog after drinking his coffee. On his way, the PIG’s greeted him. Then he met Gunther, a patroller who had his shifts in the morning. He used to greet him, sometimes lend him a cigarette. But he did not offer him a smoke today. Sometimes they would talk. But Gunther would never ask him about his personal life and there was a reason.

The thing was, Tommy Vercetti had changed. And that had happened 2 years ago.

For him, killing was no matter before. It was just a way to test his accuracy (which had always been good). But now, killing meant testing his cold-bloodedness. Killing Ricardo Diaz was no big deal, nor was blowing up the Starbucks, but killing Sonny had changed him.

 Tommy had known Sonny since he was a teenager. He had earned the respect of the Forelli family. But in 1971 he was ambushed by eleven men in the hardwood district. He was forced to kill everyone involved. He had also earned the nickname: “The Hardwood Butcher”.

He was sentenced for 15 years and came out of the jail in 1986.

That was when things had changed. Tommy had become a Egoistic, Short-tempered asshole. He should have given Sonny a fair cut of his profit. He should have treated Lance with respect. But, being the asshole he was he had forced Lance to change sides and join hands with Sonny. One day they had come to the Vercetti Estate and wanted to kill Tommy.

Instead, Tommy had killed Sonny, Lance and all the gang members.

But that was two years ago. Now Tommy had changed. He had learned to control his anger, and his ego. He had even tried to control his urge of killing people. Even though he had an Eagle Desert gun with him always, HE had not killed anyone in two years.

But things would change. Surely. Nobody knew when. Tommy knew he could kill anyone any day now. But Tommy did not know that he would kill 6 people in two days.

And in 2 months, he would be DEAD.