Epilouge

DIANA

I sat in my room. Listening to the footsteps outside. "Bring the nigger witches out!" Tears streamed down my face.

"Rachel do the spell faster." My grandmother told my mom. My mom was focused.
"Spirits hear me, open this portal for me." She said finishing the last little bit. A green light entered the room. My grandmother rushed my sister, brother and I to the portal first.

"Remember we're right behind y'all." She kissed us on the head. The banging at the door got louder and louder. Savannah Georgia was my home. It was the only place I had ever known.
I jumped through the floor and into another place. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew my grandmother wouldn't put me in harms way.

I was older than Tanya, and younger than Rasheed. White witch hunters been on our backs for years. And today was the day I was hoping my mother taught them a lesson.

I felt my feet touch a hard surface... we had made it to our destination. A little Ragan Magic always did the trick. "I see your mama did the spell right this time." My aunt Dina said as she hugged us. We were in Salem Massachusetts.

Aunt Dina was one of the most powerful witches I knew, besides my grandmother. She had direct contact with our ancestral pool. I've heard the ancestors only talk with you when your close to joining them.
My grandmother was also a necromancer. I hadn't learned that yet and she didn't want to teach me until I became, "old enough."

"I think she did as well." I smiled. "Stop bad mouthing me. You know jar Magic is my thing." My mother said as soon as her feet hit the wooden floor. She hugged my aunt. "Well Rachel you know, you've messed up a few times when we were growing up."

I mentioned before that white witch hunters had been on our backs for years... YEARS! They just hated our kind. It goes back to Tituba and Candy.

"And she learned from her mistakes didn't she." My grandmother, Lena said as she made her way through the portal. "Your father should be here soon." My aunt Dina said. My father wasn't what we would call a natural born witch... or wizard. He used the people's powers around him. An absorber is what my family called it.

He could only use the magic of others, and he had to absorb it. That's how he travels to and from Salem.

"I need to tell him about this talisman I made him." I looked at Rasheed and rolled my eyes. He almost killed himself over making this talisman. I'm surprised the ancestors let him dip into our ancestral pool with the amount of magic he used to make it.

We'll see how he likes it.

We're Salem's Own.