Why?

"Y'know.. I feel so broken.. Like.."- Bella wrote in her diary as she was tearing up a little.
She then dropped her pen, as she heard the door open.
Her mother stepped in holding a cake. Her father was behind her smiling, as they walked up to Bella.
Bella quickly hid her diary and pen as her parents sat down on her bed.
"Happy birthday darling!" Bella's mother said, her dad repeating the same sentence.
Bella looked at them, blinking a few times trying to get the tear to go away.
Her mother put the cake down next to her bed, before wrapping her arms around Bella.
Bella tried to back up a little as she was surely not in the mood, but she didn't want to seem rude so she hugged her mom back. "Thank you mom..." She whispered, as her mom let her go.
Her dad then looked at Bella, tilting his head a little. "You're becoming older.. Our big daughter." He smiled, before standing up and walking out the room. "Come downstairs soon sweetheart!" Dad screamed while walking down the stairs. Bella's mom hugged Bella one more time before grabbing the cake and walking downstairs too. "We eat it downstairs." Bella's mother screamed before walking to the table.
Bella sighed, stepping out of her bed.
She then walked to her closet, opening it and a few clothes fell out. "Oh my god what a mess.." Bella whispered before sighing again and grabbing a few clothes. She walked back to her bed holding the clothes, as she then sat down putting the clothes on. She stood up, grabbing her phone before walking out her bedroom and closing the door. She walked downstairs, looking around. She saw decoration for her birthday everywhere, as she then saw a balloon with the number 17 on it. She smiled as she realized she was getting older by the time, and it would be over soon. She then sighed, before walking to the table her mother put the cake down. She pulled the chair backwards, sitting down sighing as she rested her head on her arms. "Mooom.. I'm tired.." She whispered, as her mom looked at her. "Cmon it's your birthday darling, don't be like this." Mom said while eating from her cake. Bella sighed, before grabbing a piece of cake and walking upstairs. "Bella!" Mom screamed as Bella walked in her room and slammed the door as she started crying.
Her mother left her be as she didn't want to argue more.