forget

CHAPTER six

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Childhood's End
part1
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||Childhood's Endpart1||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

•don't you wish we could just•
forget
⚚⚚⚚

The town was quiet. Broken glass was scattered on the group. The fire in the car still burned, faintly. Bleu followed the rest of her friends back home. The rain still fell but it was much softer now. She was still soaked from the downpour. She walked into the Pressman household and took off the sweatshirt Grizz had given her. Everyone had gone to their rooms except Cassandra. Bleu took this as her chance.

"Cassandra." Bleu said as the older girl turned to her.

"Yes." she responded as she took off her wet jacket.

"About tonight-"

"Bleu, don't apologize. you did nothing wrong those boys can't be stopped."

"I wasn't going to apologize." Bleu chuckled lightly. "Uh, I just have a suggestion, I guess."

Cassandra nodded at Bleu, signaling for her to go on.

"Okay, well, if someone doesn't exert their power around here soon this ... place will go to shit." Bleu looked at Cassandra, looking for some sign of approval. "Um, a town that's run by force and stupidity will never make it through the winter much less survive."

"Wow. you've thought about this a lot." Cassandra replied back.

"Someone needs to step up. I'm not saying it has to be you, but I know I can't get everyone to listen to me."

Cassandra nodded as Bleu went on with her ideas about the future of their new world and what was to happen regarding leadership.

"I need you help, Cassandra. We're counting on you to pull through."

~~~

The town was littered with broken bottles and ash. Very little was left in the hardware store but students still went as an attempt to scavenge what they could.

"Did Cassandra text you too?" A tall blonde girl asked as she strode into the church.

The sparkles on her light green dress flickered in the sunlight as the dress clung to her body like a glove. She moved down the main aisle as if it was a catwalk, before sitting down next to Bleu. Bleu looked over and smiled at her while looking at her dress.