A Love Undetermined

Shaheer breathed heavily, as the time came dawning in. In two hours, he would have his flight back to India. And, in all those moments he had been in Indonesia, there were various reports. Some spoke of his alleged patchup with ex- girlfriend Ayu. Some accused him of being in love with his co- star Erica Fernandes. And, some just criticized him for being himself.
He was just too pissed off with all these things. How many should he answer? Yes. He had loved Ayu a lot. But, love doesn't always go the way we want it to.  And, yes. What if he was in love with Erica? ' Is loving Erica a crime?' he thought to himself. And, at the next moment he almost shuddered at the thought of it. How can he be thinking of all this? Erica had always been a matured friend to him, unless for the recent developments. She was as affected by all this as him, or maybe more. Both had an arguement and, then  all seemed over. These reports have affected him greatly, he thought to himself.
' We would be landing at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport at 18: 35 hours,i.e, in 20 minutes' came the announcement from the crew. Shaheer was deep in slumber. He just loved this feeling. Soaring heights. With a little jerking. Feels like the baby swinging in his mother's hands. Shaheer would just doze off in these few hours of flight. The announcement was of no use to Shaheer's ears. Cause his heart had already landed somewhere else. On the runaway of someone's heart. Someone unexpected. Someone who was presently a bit miffed with Shaheer. Someone whom he loved a lot, but was yet to realize. Call her that unexpected rains that save the drought from being a desert. Call her Erica. And, what was he dreaming?
A door opening.
Two hearts felt a cracking.
Something breaking.
And, something in the making...
The door opened with a creak. In front of him was his love. His life. His Eri. She was a feminist, but, all his. Her eyes were full of pain, distrust and misunderstanding. Her hair in a dismantled state, and, her cheeks all swollen for the tears that flowed. Even in her most vulnerable state, a carelessly beautiful princess she was.
'What are you doing here, Mr. Sheikh?' she asked in enough cold a tone to break his heart. Had the fight been so bad that from friends they had turned to indifferent foes? ' Call me by my name, Eri.' he said, the pain etching in his eyes.
' Please, Mr. Sheikh. I am in no mood to play cat and mice games. Answer me and leave.' she said, a part of her breaking. She didn't know why she felt so, but seemed like a knife sharp had ripped through her heart.
'Eri. Just listen to me once. I...' he had started to say, but was cut off by Erica turning back and almost slamming the door on his face. In the next moment, she landed on his chest. And, it felt like homecoming. In Shaheer's eye was extreme passion and all those supressed feelings pouring out. And, in Erica's eye was love and fear akin and alike. He lifted her chin slowly with his index finger. She feared looking into his eyes. For had she done that, inhibitions and passions would have faced each other. And, it would be the victory of passions.
He rubbed his rough thumb on het wet, plumpy lips. And, slowly the eyes met, and the lips neared each other, pouring in themselves love and complaints alike.
Shaheer almost jerked open at the call of his fellow passenger. His fellow passenger stood astounded, at his sudden jerking. Had he just called him a bit loud? Celebrity things, maybe, he concluded to himself and busied himself in packing his lappy inside his bag. There were only 10 minutes left for the flight to land.
Shaheer was still there. As still as a statue. He couldn't just make out what it all meant. Was he about to kiss her? Shaheer still stood shocked. This can't be happening. But, all this while, an unknown smile came coming up to him and crept on his face.
The plane had landed and the passengers collected the bags from the collecting belts. There was rush here and there. Many officers, dressed in crisp khakee shirts or in olive greens, were spotted here and there. There was the usual outcry of the people who had come to receive their guests or family.
Shaheer drove back to his home. After many years, the city seemed his own. The roads and the familiar scent seemed better. The disturbing traffic too seemed to have a positive life to itself. The smell of unburnt carbon from the vehicles seemed to heat up the air. But, a heart was already burning in the warmth of love. He missed this feeling. Sky- touching skyscrapers and their lights spread among the vast landscape of the city. The loud honk of horns and waiting for hours at signals, he loved the feeling. He loved his home more. The comfort of the bed and pillow. The comfort of lying and sleeping. He had started to love everything around. More precisely, he had started to love her.
'What's happened to me?' he asked his reflection in the mirror, after chamging into a black t shirt and a grey track pant. ' All these things can't be happening to me again. It will only become a reason of my pain. Erica has always respected me as a friend. Supported me when I was broken. Helped me get over my doubts. Made me a better person. What would she even think of me, if she knows all this shit? I need to resist myself. My past relationship with Ayu was enough. Even after loving her so much, I can't be that selfish to choose someone else for me. It would be wronging my past relationship' said Shaheer, his eyes all teary. Realization was dawning in..
' But, she was my past. And, maybe, she never was made for me. If all relationships of love are true, then how would we ever know which is false? How would we ever know the happiness that love gives even after all the pain it makes us suffer? And, what if I love Erica? ' he heaved a breath and smiled. The heart catching smile that somehow seemed lost for months. ' Yeah.. I love her. I love her. I love her. ' he exclaimed to his inner self. And, the next moment, he was lying on his bed. Rolling, cuddling the pillow, shrieking in happiness. Everything seemed new. In an universe old and wise, someone had just replaced the sun, the moon. The entire galaxies.
And once he realized he didn't want to make a moment's delay. He wanted to have her. Right now. Forever. She has gone through enough. Its time that we both become co-partners from co-actors, he thought to himself.
Erica's number was on the dialpad of his phone. And, in the next moment, he called her up. After a few rings, the other half picked up his phone. 'Hello' she said inquisitively, hoping to hear something good. Shaheer missed her voice. Her voice burnt the nightingale's pride.
' Eri. I need to meet you up. Its an emergency. Come at my place by 10, if you can' he said, acting a bit nervous.
Her voice choked the next second. In excitement and in fear. He had called her to his house. But, what could be the emergency? Was he alright? He was an extremist with emotions, and she just hoped that the Indonesian visit hadn't sparked off some repressed emotions in him. And, maybe to suppress those released repressed emotions, he was hurting himself. A thousand dark possibilities came to her mind.
'Okay Shah. I am coming. ' she said. And, he let out a silent cry of happiness. He disconnected the phone to make preparations, while she tried to complete her shooting as soon as possible.
In two hours, it would be 12 midnight. 3 years of Kuch Rang Pyaar Ke Aise Bhi was finally here. Maybe, she didn't remember the date. But, he did. Things that insane people do in love. And, that would mark the beginning of their love.