Chapter 1 "The new Guy?!"

Y/N finally got accepted to the 99th precinct. It was his first day, and boy was he excited! He had no idea of what to expect, he hoped everything would go well and that he will get along with his fellow co workers quickly. The 99th precinct was really popular, and Y/N was really glad that he was assigned there, it made him even more excited than he was before, although the expectations from him would also be higher than usual.. at least that was what he believed.

Y/N tightened his tie, went to look at the mirror and gave himself a pep talk.

"You will do great! Relax, be cool...don't lash out." He kept repeating that to himself. Soon later he checked the time and realized that he had around 10 minutes to get there, he hurried over to his kitchen, grabbed his coffee mug, quickly drank it...and headed for the precinct.

As he walked the streets of Brooklyn, he couldn't help but smile...he was in a good mood. He had his dream job..a detective. At the 34th precinct he was a trafficker, but with lots of hard work he finished the detective's exam and did above average. It was chilly outside, and Y/N felt a little cold. He finally got to the precinct, walking to the building he looked up at it... eyeing it up and down. "Let's do this." He whispered to himself as he walked to the front door, checked in and got in the elevator. As he entered he heard sudden shouting as someone rushed to the elevator.

"Wait! Wait! Hold the elevator!" Y/N quickly held the door open and let the stranger in. It was a detective, as he noticed the detective's badge on his neck...he had slightly curly dark brown hair. A strong looking chin. "Oh you must be the new guy!" the stranger exclaimed. "I am Jake, the best detective in the 99th precinct." He had a silly look on his face. "My name is Y/N" You smiled at Jake and gave him a handshake... the two of you looked straight and the rest of the elevator ride went quiet. Until Jake suddendly began speaking. "Beware of Hitchcock's foot fungus." Thats all he said as Y/N looked at him. "Who's Hitchcock?"

Jake replied. 

"Oh, you'l know..." The elevator doors finally opened as Y/N witnessed the 99th precinct. Finally!

He stepped out with Jake as he heard him announce his arrival. "Hello everyone!!! I am...." He checked his watch. "0 minutes late! And that is thank you to our new detective...Y/N!" The detectives from all around the precinct stepped up and began welcoming him. The people were overwhelming to say the least. A huge looking dark skinned detective came and tapped him on the shoulder. "Welcome to the precinct! I am Sgt. Terry Jeffords. That is Amy Santiago, our smart and loving detective." The girl stepped up and smiled at Y/N. "Then we have, Jake as you already know... Hitchcock...Hitchcock! Get your smelly feet of the table man!" He silently plopped them down back on the ground. "Skully." He said in a calm manor. "Gina, our social media mogul... and secretary. Boyle, our master chef detective. Rosa Diaz, one of the best detectives here." Rosa gave Y/N a slight head tilt. "Thank you Sgt Jeffords, allow me to introduce myself." What looked like the captain of the precinct, stepped out of his office. "I am Captain Holt. The captain of this precinct. And as you know these people will be your co workers from this day on." Y/N finally spoke up. "It's an honor to be in the presence of you all. I can't wait to start working. Captain Holt, i am very excited to be working with you...i've heard so much about you, and the bravery that comes with being a homosexual captain, you are truly an inspiration." Captain Holt nodded, looking satisfied. Jake silently mumbled. "Am i seriously the only one that didn't know at the start..." Amy looked at him in a teasing way. "This will be your desk, the one next to Diaz, hopefully you two will get along." Rosa Diaz sat down at her desk and began doing paper work, as all of the others also began working. Y/N sat down at his desk, and booted up the computer. 

"I am Y/N, by the way." Rosa looked at him and gave him a little nod...

"Rosa, but you know that already." She said bluntly. Y/N began looking through the documents, it  was his first day so there wasn't really much he could do today.

***2 hours later*** 

Captain Holt stepped out of his office. "There is a semi big operation going on at Thirteenth avenue.. might be a drug bust worth of around two hundred thousand dollars. I want Diaz and Y/N on it. You will go on a stake out tonight. I will inform you, later today. Get some rest you two."

"The new guy!?" Jake exclaimed. "The new guy gets a major case on his first day! Good luck to you two!" Jake didn't seem harmful in any way by that comment, actually quite reassuring.

"Thanks." You smiled at Jake, and looked back at your desk to catch by the glimpse of your eye that Rosa was looking at you....it was for a mere second though..