1. Hurt

i get woken by the  sound of door open fast. i grab the closest thing to me. which was a bat. always got to be careful. i slowly creep out of my bed, and out the bedroom door. i turn a corner. i see a mysterious black shadow. i raise my bat up behind my shoulders, getting ready to swing.

"y/n what are you doing?" i put the bat down and i relaxed. it was my best friend jack.

"why are you here," i looked at my watch to see what time it was. "it's 2 in the morning." i walk closer to him. he looked as if he was crying.

i pulled him closer to me. i just hold him. he whispers to me,

"all i've done for her. and for her to not even appreciate it, hurts." i just hold him closer to me. my legs do get tired of standing, so we make our way to the floor.

he now has his head in my lap. i wish i could do more for him. i just comb his hair with my fingers. while i just let him silently cry. he needs to get all of it out.

"i would do you so much better." i whisper to myself. i may be his best friend but i have loved him for a long time. watching him get hurt breaks my heart so much.

"i know." i didn't expect him to hear me. he sits up. he stares into my dull brown eyes. i purse my lips, and i look away from him. i look at the floor.

i feel his hand take my face and match it up with his. he pulls my face closer to his. in these types of moments people would have a kiss. but i can't.

he just broke up with his girlfriend and kissing him would make things worse.

i bite my lip, and pull back. he looks at me confused.

"jack, i want you to know i will always have feelings for you, but now is definitely not the right time. especially you just breaking up with your girlfriend." he looks down.

"yeah, no, you're right. a kiss would have left it to something it shouldn't have."

"would you regret it if it did lead to that something?" i ask. maybe i want him to kiss me.

he takes time to think about it. it worries me. maybe i shouldn't have asked.

"i'm sorry, i know it's an intense question. you don't have to answer it." i get up off the floor.

"you know where the guest room is, if you plan on staying." i say walking back to my room.

i feel his hand gripping on my wrist making me turn on my heels.

"no, i wouldn't regret it." he lets go of my wrist, and guides his hand down my back, pulling me closer to him. he makes the first move. of course i don't resist the kiss.

and you know one thing led to another. what a night.

*
i wake up smiling to the thoughts of last night. i look over to my left.

he left. to think how stupid i was to do something like that, especially with my best friend.

anger feels my body. i'm just mad at myself. for letting this happen. i hear a door open from my bathroom.

he didn't leave?

i see jack guide his eyes towards mine and smile.

i return the smile. he crawls on the bed to lay right next to me.

"i thought you left." he takes my hand, and holds it up to his chest.

"i don't want to leave something so precious to me." my heart just melt.

"is this how you really feel about me?" i bite my lip waiting for his answer.

"this is really how i feel about you."