▹ Burn The Stage; George's anxiety attack.

This is completely made up, this episode does not exist - obviously.

WARNINGS: Mentions of anxiety and a panic attack. I showcase this a lot in my works because it's something I do suffer with and I like my characters to relate to me and showcase some real struggles which idols themselves probably go through behind the scenes. Mental Health is a serious topic, and writing is my outlet. If you ever need to talk, just know my inbox is always open. Even if you just need a friend, we can have some great fangirl/fanboy sessions.

Note: The italics are George - and the other members - talking to the camera privately.

▹ ▹ ▹

George staggered off the stage, immediately dropping down to the floor as his heart thrashed against his chest rapidly as if it was trying to escape, vision distorted and he couldn't seem to focus on one thing which seemingly added to the panic. A few tears slipped out of the corners of his eyes and he shakily lifted his legs up to press against his chest, rocking slightly. The blood thudded in his ears. The boys stood back and watched their member struggle to escape the terrifying mentality. Numerous staff crowded around them, doing their best to calm him down but it was no use. The fact that he had to be on stage in a little less than five minutes added more panic.

"Watching George struggle to catch his breath and cry like he did, it struck something inside of me. I've seen him have panic attacks in the past but never that bad and it makes me wonder whether he's hiding the anxiety he's feeling from us," Namjoon spoke softly to the camera. "George hates feeling like being a burden, so he tends to hide his emotions. It's not nice. It's really not, but he manages to handle it somehow. I don't know how but he's George and George is strong."

"Hey George, listen to me." Namjoon kneeled down in front of him, taking his hand in his own and gave it a squeeze but George shook his head rapidly. Namjoon leaned back to look at him, giving George the chance to try and get some words out, however, he was struggling and gripped Namjoon's hand tighter. "Hey, it's okay. Take your time, you're not in a rush to get your words out."

"I-I-perform, I-I nee-need to-to per-perform. I can't--I really can't let them down," George choked out, attempting to stand but he was met with the ground instantly. Finally, the medics rushed over as George laid on his back. He'd never had a panic attack this bad before.

"I was afraid. I'd never had one to that extent, usually during a panic attack it's normal to feel like you're going to die because you can't breathe but i can often recover--" George shook his head and turned to his hands, a soft sigh rushing from his lips as the memory of his panic attack clouded his mind. "The fact that there were cameras didn't exactly help, I was genuinely terrified that that moment was going to be my last and that's---that's a terrifying situation to be in."

The boys were standing around watching the situation unfold, Jimin had tears in his eyes, Yoongi was staring at George's struggling state with a blank, far off expression, Taehyung had his hands cupping his mouth, Hoseok was sat with tears running down his own cheeks, Jungkook was on the other side of George holding his hand tightly whilst Namjoon helped the medic calm him down. It had shocked them all, because George had never been that bad before - which is what added to the panic of the other members, raising their anxiety. Because they had never seen anything like it. They were afraid for their member's life and as dramatic as that may sound, it's understandable because George was on the floor finding it exceptionally hard to breathe.

Pins and needles ran up George's arm making him hiss slightly at the feeling. He was freezing yet pumping with sweat and he felt like he was going to throw up, he felt like he had been winded and he genuinely felt like he was going to die. Jungkook internally panicked as George's shaking got out of control, he watched the medic frantically as they'd supplied him with an oxygen mask to help his breaths calm. Suddenly, the members were being rushed to the stage much to their dismay.

Jungkook tried to go back to George as did Yoongi, but Namjoon pulled the two of them back. It was the first time he had seen Yoongi properly panic. Usually, he tried to remain calm but he couldn't, not with George. Anyone but George, he was the calmest yet a hyperactive member. To see him in such a state hit all of them harder - especially Yoongi and Jungkook due to their close bond with him.

"I didn't wanna leave his side. When I fainted, George was there holding my hand throughout it all. He kept the boys calm and he was the one who to take control of the situation. I just wanted to do the same for him, but I couldn't because I didn't know what to do and that-that made me feel terrible..." Jungkook trailed off as the camera then switched to Jimin, sitting alone at the table.

"I cried. I really did cry. GG-Hyung is the one to calm us down in these situations, even Namjoon-Hyung and Jin-Hyung. He's always the responsible, 'right it's okay, here's what we need to do' type of person in these kinds of situations which is ironic considering he does have diagnosed anxiety and panic attacks. To see him in the state that he was without having him there to calm us and guide us, having it happen to him hit me harder than I thought it would."

The boys stood on stage, one member short and extremely worried - which the fans immediately noticed. A worried roar from fans echoed around the stadium with many fans questioning the sudden absence of George considering he was there literally fifteen minutes prior. Namjoon took the mic whilst Taehyung grabbed a tearful Jimin into a hug.

"George is backstage for a moment. His anxiety decided to kick in and he got very upset and he is simply unable to perform at this time. We hope that we can come back on when he's ready, he's really upset but he is--he needs to just rest for a moment." The crowd thankfully understood and actually began chanting the words 'We love George' over and over, the boys stood back and listened to the arena filled with thousands attempt to help George.

Backstage, George was calm sitting with a cold ice pack on the back of his neck as well as a cold water bottle in his hands when he heard the faint chanting of his name. He stood up and looked at the staff for approval, they seemed reluctant but after seeing him grin, they couldn't say no and let him get back on stage with the warning 'if you feel any form of panic, you get back here right this instant', to which he nodded.

Namjoon lifted the mic to his lips as the chants turned onto screams, turning his head he saw George being engulfed into a hug by a very worried Yoongi and Jungkook. The other members joined in, Jin tugging Namjoon towards the group. George let out a loud laugh as his members expressed how worried they were for him. They held that group hug for 5 minutes, before pulling away as the fans began to chant again, the Army bombs switching to the colour Blue, which happens to be George's favourite.

Jungkook and Jimin held onto his hands as George looked out into the crowd of blue. The boys began chanting along with them causing George to tear up. Lifting his own mic, he grinned.

"This just adds to the list of reasons why you make me so happy. Thank you for everything you do, ARMY. You're my world!"

"Seeing the Army Bombs switch to blue whilst the ground chanted 'we love George', it made me emotional. Because i had been backstage blaming myself for ruining their night over a panic attack and they-they showed me that it's okay. That they completely understood and they comforted me. It just made me feel a lot closer to them and it's bittersweet given the extent of the panic attack, but I ended with a smile on my face thanks to them and the boys. And the staff who jumped into action to help me. I really do love my life.

The action of the fans was added to many compilations on YouTube, which George likes to sit and watch when he's feeling low because that simple act had helped him in so many ways - more than the fandom would ever be able to know. And that's what brought them closer to him. He helped them on bad days just like they helped him and that is what you call love.