00: THE BEGINNING

QUOTES

"I am cicada—fake God.

I croak and the night knows I am waiting to be filled with silence.

I don't know if I've ever

understood this much darkness

in my entire life."

-SARAH MORGAN

"fermata men don't sink — they dry themselves

in formaldehyde — eternal men — lost boys —

they lose their souls in raincoats — slick fingers

and pock-pickers and empty houses

filled with empty promises —

no one closes the windows when it rains — and when it rains, it pours."

-stormbringers, in preparation for father's day, d.k

NOTE

The blood of kings

runs deep in teenage boys,

and the will to rule is unstoppable;

the quest for gold uncanny.

SYNOPSIS

He brought the floods to the south, storms to the north, and set fire to the west. He was seen as the next 'Great One' before the ripe age of seventeen. With a right hand made for athletic greatness, Joseph Buchanan would show the sports world what it meant to burn bridges. 

Upon finding himself wrapped up in a select band of brothers, a possible fight club taking place on the lush tennis courts, and a love dead set on tearing him apart, the mistakes from the summer of 2017 were something meant to die for. 

To hell and back, right? 

WARNING

This story may contain drugs, alcohol, graphic depictions of violence, assault, and prostitution, along with language and suicide. Have fun, I guess.

 In this story I will be referencing places, people, businesses, and professional/non-professional sports teams that I do not own or know. This is a work of fiction, and I do not claim to be a reliable source on the above things referenced.