《 14 》

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
ʀᴇᴀsᴏɴs •

═══════════════╗CHAPTER FOURTEEN• ʀᴇᴀsᴏɴs •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

"We'll wait outside," Taehyung says quietly.

He kisses your forehead then takes the hands of the twins and walks outside with them.

"Y/N please turn to look at me." You hear your father say.

"You're supposed to be dead!" You shout after turning to him.

"Aren't you happy that I'm not?" Mauricio gives you a slight smile.

"You think I'm happy that I just found out you faked your own death?!" You yell as tears form in your eyes. "Mom was devastated, I was devastated! You hurt us!"

"I have my reasons," Mauricio says in a calm tone.

"Then take those reasons and get out of my life again."

"Y/N everything I did was to protect you and your mother, you know that." Mauricio tries to explain himself. "You know how many enemies were after me."

"So you thought it best to fake your own death and leave all your enemies to me?!" You chuckle bitterly. "Yeah, I see how you wanted to protect me."

Mauricio stays silent.

"What are you even doing at a Seo territory? Don't tell me you work with them."

"I don't. I'm trying to get rid of them."

"Well, at least we have that in common." You scoff.

"Then we can work together to destroy them... maybe even reconnect like father and daughter."

"I don't want that and I don't want to reconnect with you."

Mauricio's face shows nothing but pain. "Y/N–"

"You're dead to me. You have been ever since I got the news about you getting shot." You say softly before exiting the shed.

Mauricio sighs deeply and tears escape his eyes. He hears rustling behind him and he scoffs.

"I told you she hated me," Mauricio mutters.

"She's just hurt."

"Stop trying to make things better, Irina." Mauricio turns to her. "She hates me."