Chapter One

playlist
+Shirt - Super Junior ~intro~

+The Kid In Fourth Grade Who Really Liked The Denver Broncos - Chris Zabriskie
+Only You - Selena Gomez
+ Monster (Eng Ver.) - Henry Lau
+Beautiful Time - NCT127
+Devil ~outro~

__________

Three Months Ago...

"Ever wonder why we drink drink but not food food?"

Hyukjae rolled his eyes with a faint smile and jokingly pushed his partner. "Jesus, can't you be serious right now? We're about to catch that asshole,"

Donghae chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, yeah!"

The two detectives were in a van with the other cops, waiting for a response by their liutenant who was in a car with their sergeant. Hyukjae pressed his talkie and placed it in front of his mouth. "Hey Lieu, any news?" he asked.

"No, not yet. They're on their way,"

Donghae sighed and bit his lip. He was getting impatient. "Ugh, how long will this take?" Hyukjae shrugged. "I don't know Hae, but we gotta be patient and wait,"

Meanwhile, the liutenant and sergeant awkwardly, and quietly sat in a car.

Yesung coughed and broke the silent ice. "Hey, lieutenant? I'm- I'm sorry,"Jungsoo sighed. "It's not your fault, Yeye. I mean, I'd be pretty pissed if I found out that I was getting thrown off the case," the sergeant looked down in shame, still not believing his boss's words. With that, Jungsoo smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, cheer up! I'm not angry at you, but I'm angry at the captain. Stupid idiot," he emphasised on the two last words which earned a laugh from the younger man.

"Just don't shout at me, or the crew, or the captain himself anymore. You're lucky I managed to get you back on the case,"

Yesung nodded his head and surrending his hands in the air. "Alright, alright. I won't do that again,"

Just then, they saw a vehicle coming in. Jungsoo clutched onto the steering wheel and raised his walkie-talkie. "They're here,"

"Should we go?"

"No!" he cut off the other side of the line. "Hyukjae, wait for my orders. When I count to one, go chase those sonuvabitches!"

"Copy that, lieu,"

Yesung frowned and glanced out. "Hurry up, Jungsoo! Before they notice us!"

The lieutenant ignored the man and clutched the steering wheel harder. "3..." he counted, watching every move of the car. "2..." he continued.

The situation was tense and quiet; nobody nobody dared to say anything. Jungsoo sharply inhaled. "1!"

With that, Hyukjae, Donghae and the other cops barged out of the van that was parked right behind them and they ran towards the car as instructed. "SPD, GET OUT OF THE VEHICLE!" Donghae yelled, but to no avail.

Within the blink of an eye,

the car sped off.

"Fuck!" cursed both of the men in the car. Yesung picked up his talkie and pressed the side button. "We're gonna go chase him, TAIL US FROM BEHIND!"

"COPY THAT!"

As Yesung finished his sentence, Jungsoo stepped on the pedal and drove off, just barely avoiding Donghae. They traced wherever the car was going. Left, right, left, right, straight, basically wherever they went, literally.

Jungsoo was losing sight of the car. He felt tears build up in his eyes and drove faster. Yesung held onto his arm. "Slow down, lieutenant! You nearly hit the pole!"

"Don't try to stop me, sergeant," he growled.

Just as they met up with the car again, they were driving downhill in a dangerous speed. "Lieutenant slow down!" Yesung yelled. Jungsoo ignored him and drove faster.

"Lieutenant, stop! You're going too fast!" Donghae yelled from his talkie. Jungsoo ignored his subordinates once again and went faster.

The traffic light turned from green to yellow, and the car in front of them sped off quickly. Jungsoo's and Yesung's eyes widened.

Red light.

"SHIT!"

__________

Gosh.

That was undeniably short.

I SWEAR THE OTHER CHAPTERS WILL BE LONG-

Speaking of chapters, let's talk about the number of chapters. There will be 30 (or more) chapters. So get your popcorn bowl ready :D