Chapter 1 & 2

*So I'm working on writing again i would love feedback from you guys :) This is chapters 1&2 and a preview of chapter 3. Let me know what you think

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw him before he saw me, it was as if time slowed down. He was laughing with some of his buddies in the corner of then coffee house. Something about the way he laughed so full of life attracted me to him immediately. I didn't realize I had been openly gawking at him until he was standing in front of me waving in my face.

"Hay sweetheart are you alright?' I came back to myself shocked and embarrassed my hands coming to cover my face in embarrassment. "I am so sorry, I just zoned out and didn't realize I was staring at someone.' He laughed but not how he was laughing with his friends only moments ago, this was more of a low chuckle. His hand raised and for a small second, I thought he was going to touch me, but he was only reaching up to run his fingers through the back of his chestnut brown hair.

"If you let me buy you a coffee maybe I'll considering letting it slide." He said. His chocolate brown eyes were staring into my crystal blues with such wonder. I laughed a little to obnoxiously covering my mouth to hide my horror of the sound that just escaped me.

"You just caught me staring at you and now you want to buy me coffee?" I laughed nervously out of fear my horrible laugh would return. At this his smile spread wide across his face and I had to take a deep breath this man was to handsome to even be talking to me.

"so, your saying you were staring at me and not spacing out?" I felt the heat rush to my face, and I groaned internally. Great going Kat now he's really going to think you're a weirdo.

"I'm not saying that." I stuttered out trying to recover from this horrible encounter" I'm just saying it's a little crazy you want to buy coffee for someone you just met." That smile was making my stomach do flips. Who was this man and why is his lopsided smile making me smile? "Again, his hand went to the back of his head, maybe a nervous tick. Am I making him nervous?

"Well actually I see you here pretty often and my friends keep picking on me for talking about the girl that sits in the coffee cafe that's always reading a new book" Losing my smile I wet is to full gawking, mouth hanging up in shock. He laughed nervously "is that creepy, did I freak you out? I'm sorry I was just amazed at how fast you read books" He rushed out. I pulled my face back together and smiled. 'No, it's a horrible habit of mine wants a pickup a new one I get so involved in it I can't stop reading until I finished. I usually end up staying up all night just to finish the book," I spit out just to help put him at ease.

"Good cause it did come out a little stalkerish and I really just wanted to know if maybe I could buy you a coffee and we would talk about some of those books you read."

'WOW that sounds like a cheesy pick up line." I said laughing whole heartily turning toward the counter to get my coffee.

"Maybe a little." He said laughing back at me.

'Excuse me Kat, your coffee." My best friend and sister Sarah said sliding my coffee across the table at me.

I never had to pay for a cup of coffee before since Sarah owed the place. I laughed picked up my coffee and turned back to this man I never met before laughed and said" Sorry someone's already buying my coffee for me." He looked between me and Sarah a little surprised. I hadn't realized what I said until it was already out Now, he thought Sarah and I were a thing I groaned inwardly sometimes my brain just does not function right. "Well it was nice meeting you urm..." He looked at me for a moment kind of trying to read me with his eyes. "Brent" he said. "nice to meet you Brent." I said and extended my hand to him. He laughed sheepishly and took my hand in his. The small shock that passed between us startled me and caused me to forcibly pull my hand back. "See you later Brent." I said. I nodded at Sarah and made a B line for the door. The cool summer air hit my face as soon as the door opened, and I rushed out into it. I tried my best to hall ass down the street and not look back. I saw his face in my mind the realization flickering who I was to him and I'm sure he was already quizzing Sarah about who I really am. Sarah was like me a wolf. We generally stay in packs, but Sarah and I preferred to be alone. Its only been us for years and we were completely content with that. Rogues were a thing of the past if we stayed to yourself no other wolves would come to euthanize us.