Pierce

"Pierce!" I couldn't contain an annoyed growl as my sisters' shrill voice rang out followed by repeated knocks on my door.

She was the last person I wanted to see. Anytime she showed up at my door I knew it had something to do with the clan. Closing my eyes I tried to prepare myself mentally before starting for the door.

However, it wouldn't be in my sisters' character to hang back and wait for me to open the damned thing. That would be too much of a hassle for the Cat. Just as I raised my hand for the knob, the door was thrown open. Rolling my eyes I could only gesture her inside and shut the door behind her. "Sure, come on in Piper, no I don't mind. What a pleasant surprise." I spoke sarcastically under my breath growling at her unwelcomed intrusion. "You think next time you can wait until after I open the door to barge in?"

She turned on her heel to face me, arms crossing over her naked chest. "Maybe you should be quicker Pierce." I rolled my eyes at her hiss. She looked flushed from the run. Her brown hair that was cut into a bob, was messy from her shift and her eyes that were a striking green were narrowed with annoyance. She was petite but fierce and her presence commanded respect.

I felt my beast purr at his sister. It had been a few months since we last saw her and he was eager to reestablish familial bonds. I pushed him down, however, feeling her Jaguars anxiety wasn't helping. Piper growled and flashed me her teeth. I waved my hand at her, unintimidated by the small display giving her my own growl. She wasn't in the mood for our beasts little reunion, and neither was I.

"It's time to move. Clydes pack is being raided by Kain." It was like ice being poured down my back. The small growl I had been playfully throwing at my sister suddenly turned into a snarl.

My beast roared with rage.

Kain.

The male wolf was a stain to our clan. His father had destroyed our lands years ago, and ever since Kain took over the young Alpha had sent many spies into our new territory. The animosity only continued to mount between us over recent years. Even his future mate had attempted to walk into our territory but we turned her away swiftly.

The hatred our clan and his pack had for each other was one that would forever be passed down to the new generations. Years ago we had been forced out of our homeland. It had been a war, a very bloody war, one that our clan hadn't been prepared for, one that we were still recovering from. Kain's father, Thorn, had led the ambush and defeated us. We were violently pushed out and into Clyde's territory. A territory that ended up saving us.

At first, when we came into Clyde's lands, There had been a small battle but eventually both sides decided that a treaty would be more beneficial then to risk more casualties. Clydes pack hadn't been out for blood, the small battle had taken place more out of confusion for our unintentional trespassing than for territory and dominance.

Clyde had been kind. He had offered the treaty, one that we couldn't refuse, one that our Head had originally assumed was being drafted by Thorn before he had backstabbed us. Clyde offered us not just a treaty but a portion of his territory as well. He had been a blessing to us. The only expectation that was made was in return for the land we would fight and protect the pack in times of war, raid, and need. The treaty allowed us to live peacefully and harmoniously.

Unlike the pack from the North.

Thorn, had killed cubs, destroyed families and was merciless. Some of us lost everything, while others lost some.

Piper and I had lost our brother and mother.

I felt my beast stir with hatred and resentment at the thought of the lost family. He never got to meet the Jaguar that gave life to us. He never got to experience the bonds that beasts of our kind thrive on.