Once an Angel

Prologue:

Thick, gloomy mist shrouded the gothic structure, stealing the turreted roofline from view as if the building were wearing a cumbersome hat. All that remained visible were the ancient stone walls, gigantic doublebarred windows and an oversized wooden door with its impressive gargoyle knocker. Deep within the innards of the antediluvian mansion, the prisoner grunted against the pain brought about by his own hands as he pulled himself up the chin-up bar for the fiftieth time. It was all he could do to prevent total madness in the perpetual blackness of his caged reality. Time ceased to exist. He wasn't sure how long he'd been held captive but it felt like eons. The drastic changes he was aware of, were that of his body, his mind and possibly his very soul. Cravings for all things dark. A newfound obscurity within that matched his black surroundings. He had become the shadows. The eternal night. Previous bands of tight muscle had cut and reformed into thicker clusters of hardened steel. Large hands were now calloused and ready for battle. What had once been striking cobalt eyes, now an Oxford blue were nothing more than fathomless pools. Yet their depths were an enticing lure for any victim. Enthralling. Consuming. A noise. Footsteps, heavy and quick. Coming closer, then stopping. A harsh rattling as if something was being purposefully dragged along the bars of his prison.

"Food!" At that one word he was nothing but gluttonous greed. A blur of movement, pressed up against the rusted bars, one arm outstretched in an attempt to swipe from his captor, the only morsel sustaining him in the foul, icy hell, now his home. "Well, well! Look at you!" clapped Lucifer with much glee. "Haven't you come along nicely? I must say, the change is astounding!" The captive roared with little restrained anger as he attempted to snatch his meal a second time but failed. If he was able to, he'd rip the head clean off the monsters bony shoulders in order to escape his endless midnight but the bars were thick enough to hinder him. "Ah, ah, ah! Patience my new friend. Something you must learn if you are to return to Earth soon to fulfill your duties." "I don't give a fuck about duties. I want food!" The caged giant thundered. His dusky voice fierce in its delivery. A fragment of chalky stone fell from high above as the room shook with the vocal rumble. In the space of a millisecond the six thousand year old demon had his gnarly, powerful hand in an unbreakable grip around the prisoner's neck. "Remember your place, young one or I will end you!" His grip tightened causing a strained gurgle to leech from his charge's throat. "Now. Are you going to play nice or am I going to toss you into eternal hellfire? Hmm?"

The detainee who by this stage was a wall of strained muscle, slowly nodded, knowing that if he didn't comply his captor would carry out the threat. The demon loosened his grip, dropping the new recruit to the cold, stone floor. "Good. I have a week left to prepare you. I suggest you utilize some restraint. I will not have you delaying my plans." With that he placed a flask of devil's blood through the bars, onto the dusty floor of the enclosure and disappeared into the shadowy depths. Desperate for sustenance of any kind, the six foot chiseled god unscrewed the lid and tossed it aside. With eyes closed and an almost sexual groan he gulped down the red, bitter nectar letting it sate the raging famine inside. Slumping against the filthy, blocks of stone, cock painfully hard, a reaction to the blood igniting every cell, he had all but forgotten who he was and where he'd come from.

1

Chapter One

Maya "What do you mean I have to go to Earth? Why? When?" I'd been summoned by Archangel Michael to the Great Hall of Indoctrination. A place where angels came to be debriefed about tasks they were to carry out as part of their commitment to assisting those on Earth and in the Heavenly realms. "We have a special job for you that entails spending some time as a human." The most powerful of the angels proceeded to describe my next assignment which I was none too thrilled about. He sat regally on a grand crystalline throne, befitting of such a high ethereal figure. Living on earth as a human was something I hadn't done for two centuries when I'd been sent to the US to assist with mistreated slaves. Being in a cumbersome body, experiencing everything that came with it, such as a tsunami of emotions and physical pain was by far harder than any task set for me in Heaven. "Sir, with all due respect, can't someone else fulfill this role better than I? I thought you needed me here to assist with educating the new arrivals." If I could get him to understand that I was better utilized in Heaven, maybe he'd look for someone else to go to Earth.