...

DISCLAIMER
This story is fictional unless the writer searches for information to organize the plot. All the names, places, events, and incidents are born out of the writer’s imagination. Any resemblance to other stories or any actual living or non-living things is purely coincidental.
______________________________________________

10,000 Roses of Cebu The fifth tourist spot I've been through since the day I landed here I already climbed the Osmeña Peak down to Kawasan Falls, going straight to Sirao Flower Garden, then Fort San Pedro, and now here. Such a beautiful place—a perfect one to date with your partner—but that's not the reason why I'm here.

"Hijo, wala ng tao diyan," an old lady said.
"Po? Nasaan po sila?" I asked.
"Mag-iisang linggo na silang wala, pero balita ko nasa Cebu sila" she told me.
"Cebu?"

Then it hit me and gave me an idea. I thank the old lady and immediately book a trip to Cebu.

I'm here, but I don't see her. The woman I love, whom I choose to leave and hurt I want to make it up to her again. I want her.

I'm already tired, and going from one place to another makes me feel wasted. I didn't want to give up. I knew that in no time I would be able to see her again. I will search for her everywhere if I can't find her in those places she wanted to go.

The day is already approaching its end, but not for me. I guess I need to have some rest, so I decided to take a cab.

"Maayong gabi, Sir. Asa adto?"
"Po? Pasensya na po hindi ko po naintindihan."
"Sorry, Sir. Saan po tayo?" he asked again with a smile.
"Sa Appleton Boutique Hotel Cebu lang ho." I said before resting my head and slowly closing my eyes. It was a peaceful ride. Thank God that the driver wasn't that talkative, and you will just hear the music coming from the radio.

"It's another good Thursday evening, and here's another requested song from our listener. Let's all listen to Michaels Learn To Rock, 25 Minutes."

The song was really good—old but gold. While I was listening to the song, I suddenly felt a pinched feeling in my heart, but I wouldn't let my story end like that. Yes, I know I'm late in running to her again, but not this time, so I ain't wasting this chance.

I find her standing
In front of the church
The only place in town
Where I didn't search

"The fuck." I blurted out as I heard those lines.
"Sir, ayos lang po ba kayo?" The driver asked with concern.
"Manong pwede po bang sa Basilica del Sto. Nino po tayo?" I asked, pleading. Then he changed our route and drove again without saying anything.

I know it's already late, but I'm still hoping that she was there. Yeah, she was there because there's no right time to have a conversation with the Almighty. On the way to that church, I kept on convincing myself.

I didn't notice how long the ride was until the cab stopped in front of the church.

"Huwag na kayo magbayad, maayong swerte nimu at unya malipay ka man," he said while smiling.
"Thank you, po." And so I didn't waste any time. I ran as fast as I could, and there I saw her with her family. I could tell her how much I love her and how sorry I am for all those things I've done, but why does it feel like I'm lacking oxygen? After so long, I am now here beside her, longing to hug her the best I can. She's so beautiful in her white dress. I couldn't stop admiring her. A sob escaped my lips as I realized our situation.

Yes, she's in a church, wearing a white dress; however, she isn't marrying someone. She's here because it was her burial. I am not just 25 minutes late, but for a lifetime.

I kneel down as I grieve. Those memories have kept flashing back in my mind. Her smiles, her laughter, her words of wisdom, and everything about her—against the wind, here I am, wishing to go back to those times when she was still alive and make her feel loved, but nothing happened; I could still see her coffin.

I smiled bitterly and uttered, "I found you, but here I am still lost because you are in front of me breathless."

As tears streamed down my face, I realized that sometimes the answer we seek is not the one we want to hear. I sat there for what felt like hours, lost in my own thoughts, but then I noticed that the church was slowly emptying out.

Eventually, I got up and slowly made my way out of the church. As I stepped outside, the sun was setting, casting a golden glow over everything. I looked up at the sky and whispered, "I love you."

It was then that I knew that I had to move on. I had to let her go and live my life to the fullest. I knew that's what she would have wanted for me. So I took a deep breath and started walking away from the church.

As I walked down the street, I felt a sense of freedom wash over me. I was free from the pain and regret that had been weighing me down for so long. I knew that life would never be the same without her, but I also knew that I had to keep going.

I spent the rest of my time in Cebu exploring the city, trying new foods, and meeting new people. I realized that life was too short to waste on regret and that I had to make the most of every moment.

As time passed, it was time for me to leave Cebu and return home. As I boarded the plane, I felt a sense of sadness wash over me. I was leaving behind a part of me that I would never get back, but I also knew that I was taking something with me. I was taking her memory with me, and I knew that it would stay with me forever. I was also taking with me the lesson that life is precious and that we should never take it for granted.

As the plane took off and soared into the sky, I closed my eyes and whispered a silent prayer for her. I knew that she was looking down on me, smiling, and telling me that everything was going to be okay.

And for that, I may have found her in the wrong situation, but I will forever be grateful for the lesson she taught me.