unknown

CHAPTER eleven

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Putting the Clothes On
part1
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||Putting the Clothes Onpart1||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

•there is still so much that's•
unknown
⚚⚚⚚

The rain hit the ground. It was a soft rain, like most were in New Ham, but this rain was different. If was the first time since the incident that the kids had seen weather like this. For some it was just like any other day, it came and went just like a normal stormy day. Yet, for some it wasn't even near the same as it would be with adults. Bleu and Allie "came to power" about a week ago and still no one knew who had shot Cassandra, but Bleu had promised her friend that the first thing she would do was find and convict the person who murdered her sister and that was, well, that was what she was working on.

Bleu stood at the kitchen sink and stared out the window. The grass was a vibrant green from the rain falling down all morning. Bleu had always loved the rain, the sound, the smell, but this rain was different. It wasn't the same without the adults around to experience it with them. It was like she was standing alone in a field and experiencing the most beautiful sunset, alone.

Bleu grabbed the two mugs that she left sitting on the counter. She held one in each hand and headed for the front door. As she walked she witnessed Bean doing her morning prayers on a maroon rug, just like everything was normal. Bleu shifted the mugs to one had and pulled open the door. When she walked outside she was met by Grizz, who was sitting on the steps waiting for her. His knee's were crunched up tho his chest and his arms wrapped around his legs. He turned his head, slightly, to the sound of the door creaking.

"Oh, thank you so much." Grizz said as he looked up at Bleu handing him the mug.

Bleu pulled the door shut behind her after she got rid of one mug. The, she sat down on the damp cement stair.

"You were up super early." Grizz said, knowing that when he woke up Bleu wasn't there.

"Yeah," Bleu pauses and looked out at the green grass and lack of bright flowers around her, and for some reason that bothered her. "I don't know if I even went to sleep."

"Yeah, right. I'm sorry." Bleu looked at Grizz as he spoke, what could he possibly be sorry for? "That's rough times."

Bleu took a sip of the warm tea she was holding. She stared at the ground for a second. She looked at how the little gravel
pieces seemed like someone had placed them all together like one big puzzle.

"I think I'm afraid to fall asleep." She said, finally, looking up. Grizz looked at her, urging her to keep talking. "There's this moment when I first wake up where I forget and then..."