Lost Across The Multiverse

Run run run, that's all you could think of at the moment as you zipped through the woods. Your speeds were nothing compared to the mech dogs, but you had one power that could help you find your way out of a sticky situation, at least for the time being.

Ducking past branches and sliding under the brush before scurrying up and continuing to flee, you try to escape anyway possible so you're not dragged back to the lab to be tested on again. Even the idea of going back makes you fear the very possibility of you being found. You must protect the stone and you vowed to never let anyone get ahold of it, and if those crazy mutants find a way to harness its energy the universe is done for.

You also must keep your powers away from them, knowing they will stop at nothing until they find out how to possess your power and use it.

Running through the brush as the harsh branches scratch and tear at your clothes, you desperately try to get away but you hear their footsteps echo loudly in the distance. Suddenly you push past more trees and find yourself cornered at the base of a ledge. Skirting to a stop you look at the giant land mass and gasp, "No, no no!"

You suddenly inhale sharply as you look behind you and see the mech dogs coming, the trees and shrubbery being trampled over and shoved aside as they continue their hunt. You hear the clink of their rotors and gnashing of their loud mechanical teeth ready to tear you apart.

Your eyes grow large in panic as you hear them growing closer, your heart beat pounding in your ears and your fear skyrocketing to new levels.

You know there is only one way out of this, if you ever want to be free from them and protect what's yours you'd have to- no...it can't come to that, it's far to dangerous. You look around and pray for anyway out but you can already tell you're surrounded. They're closing in, wanting to enjoy ripping you apart so they can steal the stone, all because they crave to uncover you and the stones powers. If you don't belong to those evil psychos you belong to no one, and they will personally make certain of it.

They will stop at nothing to retrieve the stone and only you have the power to keep it safe, even if it means doing the unthinkable.

It didn't have to come to this, but what choice do you have? You close your eyes and use what strength you have left to concentrate enough for a small blue spark to electrify in the night air. You hear them tearing through the underbrush and you try and focus more by channeling the space stone, using your hand you draw a circle into the air watching as more sparks ignite.

You look back before quickly diving forward, knowing it's your last shot before you're reduced to shrapnel and buried beneath the earth. You would only hope that is your fate unless they shred you up just enough to disable you before dragging you back to the lab to dissect you. To unlock the secrets of your powers and use the stone to destroy the known universe, you're it's last hope, the fate of the universe lies within your hands.

Suddenly the dogs spring forward from the bushes letting out their mechanical roars that rumble and rattle with ferocity. They tear through the underbrush but freeze when they find nothing there, they begin tracking the scent only to stop at the giant mountain, growling angrily at their loss, they start sending out a homing signal before spreading out to start their hunt again.

————-

You hit your butt on the ground and groan from the sudden impact wondering where you sent yourself. Looking around, you see it's very dark in the world around you. It's nighttime, especially from how the full moon is out, so it's hard to tell if your spell worked or not. It must have, knowing that your fatigue is a certain sign that you are now very far away from those mechs and their inventors.