the book

Harry's POV

*bang*   *bang*    *bang*

the banging of his cupboard door means hell.

"boy, get out here and clean this entire house we are going out, I want it done by the time I get home."

Shuffling could be heard outside for a little bit then a slam indicating that they had left.

Not wanting to get beat more than needed he leaves the cupboard and starts cleaning. first, he cleans the kitchen, then the bathroom then the bedrooms and finally the living room. As he is cleaning the fireplace he notices a book on the floor next to the fireplace. At first, he just assumed it was Dudley's but the more he thought about it he realized Dudley can't even read, what a bloody idiot Harry may only be 4 but he wasn't completely incompetent. Everyone who has ever met Harry, on the odd occasion they have, they would always assume Harry was a polite young boy but on the inside, Harry would think about ways to kill people. Harry knew he was odd when the Dursley's would get him a stupid haircut it would grow back overnight and save him embarrassment, when he would get angry alone something would break, of course, he would get a beating when the Dursley's find out and when he was in the garden planting the flowers he saw a beautiful white snake, at first he thought she was gonna bight him but it turned out he could understand her...literally he was talking to her in a snake type way, that was the worst beating he ever got and that's the first time he got a word carved into his back, "freak" and since then all he gets is new words. freak, stupid, mistake, and one that hurts a lot, disappointment.

As he took a more detailed look at the diary he realized it said, "Tom Marvolo Riddle" in beautiful gold letters. He may be 4 but he can read somewhat well and Write to some degree. knowing the Dursley's would be home soon he ran and hid the book under his mattress and finished the cleaning. After it was all done he went to the toilet and then ran down to his cupboard and climbed in closing the door behind him. It's a good job he did what he did when he did it cause not long after the door was violently slammed open. "there back" Harry thought with a sigh. 

"GET OUT HERE FREAK" screamed his Uncle Vernon. "what have I done?" was all Harry could think.

He slowly climbed out the cupboard only to be dragged out roughly by his arm.

"I told you to have this house clean when we got back"

"I did, It's clean"

"You dare talk back to me"

Harry got a sharp punch to the nose, a kick to the ribs and an elbow to his cheek. It hurt so badly he wanted to cry but he couldn't he knew better than that so after his uncle was done he went back to the cupboard and closed the door.

the first chapter what do you think, hope you liked it.