《 19 》

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER NINETEEN
ᴅᴇᴇᴘʟʏ, ᴍᴀᴅʟʏ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER NINETEEN• ᴅᴇᴇᴘʟʏ, ᴍᴀᴅʟʏ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

A/N: ^act like that's a baby he's carrying

"Babe put the baby down and come help."

"I physically can't," Taehyung looks up at you. "He's entrancing."

"Taehyung," You place your hands on your hips and he smiles innocently before sending you a wink.

"Here, I'll take him." Hana carefully grabs the baby out of Taehyung's arms and he pouts.

"Thank you, Hana." You smile. "I'm so glad you're back."

She slightly bows before exiting his office.

"Why do we have to help set up the food? Don't the caterers do that?"

"We still have to clear up space for them to place down the food. Plus, you're the one that demanded to have this celebration. I don't even know the history."

"Well, let me educate you." He walks around his desk and sits on his chair.

Taehyung signals you to sit on the chair on the other side and you do.

"So?"

"We're celebrating the Baek-il." Taehyung begins. "Back in the olden days Korea's child diseases were common and survival rates were very low for newborns. The high death rates were due to lack of medical stuff, poor hygiene, harsh winters, and many other child-related diseases. To protect the children and to give them the best chance of survival, parents abstained from taking the baby outdoors until the one-hundredth day after their birth. On that one-hundredth day, the family would pray and give food offerings to thank Samshin. They made offerings of rice and soup for having cared for the infant, and the mother, and for having helped them live through that difficult period."

"Very informative." You nod. "Now get up and go help set the food."

Taehyung chuckles and does as he's told. You stand up and go help around as well.

• • • •

You greet the guests as they arrive–Taehyung's parents, the boys, your mom, Ayana, and other people who are close with Haesung and Taehyung.