Chapter 1

Elena walked into her school where her best friend, Paris, was waiting for her. Elena was wearing an eyepatch on her right eye and had droopy eyes. She forced herself to make a smile.
     Paris turned to greet her and saw her face.
     "Oh my god, Elena! Are you ok? What happened?" said Paris as she was looking at Elena's face.
      Elena smiled nervously. "Oh, I just, fell down the stairs. No big deal!"
       She's lying. Paris thought.
       "Well okay then. Just try and be more careful, ok?"
         Elena smiles nervously again," I will."
         Then, Elena's boyfriend, Sam, came up to Elena and Paris.
          Paris smiled, "Hey Sam!"
          Sam smiled,"Hey Paris, how's my girl?" As he took a look at her, his faces turned into a "worried" face.
           "Oh my god what happened?!" said Sam.
           "Fell." said Elena.
           "Try to be more careful, babe." said Sam.
           "Well, class starts in a bit and imma go ahead and head in." Paris smiled and walked into the classroom.
             As soon as Paris was gone, Sam turned to Elena. "Did you tell her?"
             Elena shook her head slowly. "No, I haven't."
             Sam smirked and replied," Good, now wipe your face off," he said turning to the door," you look like a fricken whore." He said as he walked into the classroom.
            Elena made a low sigh and wiped her face with her sleeves. She then took a deep breathe and went into her classroom.
             After class Sam grabbed Elena's arm and waited with her by the lockers so that everyone was out of sight.
             He turned her around to look at him. "Well, where is it?!"
             Elena looked down at the ground and nervously said," I-I lost it! I'm sorry!"
             Sam got mad and hit her so hard that she fell onto the ground.
             "You dumba**! How will I get into the group now?!" Sam said as he punched her again in the face. 
             Elena started to cry and Sam turned around walking and said,"You better get home by 4 tonight!"
            After school, Elena headed into her and Sams house. While she was walking home, she thought about when she first met Sam.

             Elena was bullied a lot of the time. So Sam always came to help her and cheer her up. She thought he'd be a good boyfriend, so she decided to get together with him. But, it was a big mistake.
            Ever since they got together, he would beat her everyday and call her very, bad names. Like swear names. That's why she always had bruises and scars on her face.
            Whenever Elena was hanging out with Paris and Sam, Sam would always act like he didn't hurt Elena or do anything to her. He'd act happy and nice. But when Paris wasn't there, he'd either call her names or hurt her. He told Elena that if she ever told anybody, he'd kill her.

                           Back in the present
           Elena walked over to Sam who was sitting on the couch.
            "You're lucky they're allowing me to bring you along for me to join in the gang." He said to her.
            After a while, Sam and Elena were walking in the ally to a building, an old looking building. Elena put her hood up as they walked into the building.
            Elena saw a boy with his hood up, leaning against the brick wall. Sam walked over to him.
            "Where is he?"
            "He's out taking a smoke right now." The boy said as he turned to look at Elena. "Who is she?"
            "She's just my dumb girlfriend. So don't worry about her."
             Sam tapped his foot on the ground, waiting for the other boy to get done with his cigarette.
              "Joshua hurry up!" yelled Sam. Elena had her eyes widened for a couple seconds.
               A boy with black hair fading into a dark brown, and one strand of his hair was a dark blue, came out.
               "Sam shut up! Wait for a fricken second!" Josh raised an eyebrow and looked at Elena. "Who is she—"
               Sam cut him off," Don't worry about her, now let's get down to business already!"
               After a couple of hours, Elena started to get bored. This is boring. She thought. Maybe, I'll just outside for some air. Elena stood up from her chair and started to walk out.
                Sam looked over at her. "Where are you going?"
                Elena froze and turned around. "Well...I uh...I just wanted fresh air."
                Sam walked over to her and slapped her in the face," DONT lie to me!"
                Joshua got up, grabbed Sam and threw him away from Elena and stood in front of Elena.
                "Don't EVER hit a girl!" said Joshua.
                "Don't tell me what to do! She ain't yours anyways!" said Sam.
                 Joshua turned over to Elena and whispered to her,"Sorry to do this."
                 "What're—" said Sam as he paused when Josh kissed Elena.
                 Joshua then pulled out a gun, putting his arm around her shoulder, and pointed the gun towards Sam. "I suggest, you leave."