01

The bell chimes across the school corridors, signalling the start of a new day. 

"All students to report to the hall, I repeat, all students to report to the hall NOW. Remember, always uphold school glory, be honest and kind. Thank you and have a good day at Yeongsik High." The principal, Mr Choi announces.

This announcement plays every morning at exactly 7.15am.

"Hurry up, you slow-asses." The class chairman shouts tiredly, turning off the weak fans and flickering lights. "Move the fuck out of the classroom!" She repeats when no one moves, slapping one of the sleeping students by the head.

"Oi, Jungkook, wake up bro." A classmate, Jaehyun nudges said boy.

"K." Jungkook replies, his head still laying on his crossed arms, obviously ignoring the fact that everyone was getting out of the dusty classroom.

"Ugh, why do I even try?" Jaehyun mutters to himself, scratching his head. "See you later then, bye." He leaves with another student.

"K." Jungkook mumbles again. He waited until he couldn't hear any footsteps or ruckus left outside his classroom then lifts his head up to the dark and empty area. Jungkook sighs deeply while pulling his earphones out of his ears effortlessly and stuffing them into his bag's pocket. Then, grudgingly standing and sauntering out of the classroom while ruffling his dark brown hair.

"It's too early for shit like school," He yawns, eyes barely open. As he walks towards the hall which was on level 3, he swoops out his phone and scrolls though the internet.

"Scholarships, huh? Given to Yeongsik High... pity scholarships? That's dumb." He reads out an article that was posted that day and scoffs. As he walks closer to the hall and puts his phone back into the pocket, he distantly hears Mr Choi speaking.

"...and so, Myungdae Private School's principal Mr Seo has given ten students the opportunity to transfer to their school with scholarships! Let us invite him up on stage, Mr Seo please!" A few claps were heard.

"Thank you, thank you." The man, Mr Seo laughs. "As you know, our school has a great reputation for being one of the best schools in the world. We sympathise with the students here, and want to help the potential strive even further with a better environment." He continues.

"I shall now invite these top, best ten students of Yeongsik High up on stage to receive these scholarships!" Mr Seo exclaims, his voice sounding as pretentious as ever. 

"Number 1, Jeon Jungkook!"

Claps and cheers erupts in the school hall as whistles and howls can be heard. Jungkook is obviously a popular kid in school. Regardless of gender, everyone liked him just because he seemed cool. Although he doesn't really talk much nor does he do anything with effort, people still idolize him nonetheless.

"Jeon Jungkook? Is he absent today?" As Mr Seo says this, Jungkook comes in through the back door, the squeaking noises of the creaky old doors making everyone look to the back.

A wave of silence passes as everyone stares at the boy's messy exterior. His shirt was untucked, his bed hair was very visible and he looked like he just got out of a sewer.