| description |

SUMMARY

Demelza-Leigh Caine was one of the lucky ones; born with a silver spoon in hand, growing up wanting for nothing, and becoming infamous throughout the OASIS. And even though zeroing out should have made no difference to her in the real-world, when her clan betrayed her, it still felt as though she had lost everything.

However, in the year 2044, something changed. A name appeared on Halliday's Scoreboard.

After two years of hiding in plainsight, Demelza realised that IOI would be out in force once they caught up withthis 'Parzival.' No matter the cost, if it meant keeping Halliday's egg out ofIOI's hands, it was time to take up her hat and coat once more.

DISCLAIMER

The contest tasks are taken from the book, but I will be including events from the film as well. Because of this, events that do not appear in the book may appear in this fanfiction as it happens in the film and vise versa. I have tried my best to blend the two together smoothly to make a story that I hope you can enjoy.

The events of this fanfiction are a mixture of the events occuring in both the book Ready Player One, written by Ernest Cline, and the 2018 Warner Bros. film of the same name. I do not own any of the characters or plot content, besides those relating to Demelza-Leigh Caine / Ak3l4. Any resemblance between these characters to actual people, living or dead, is completely coincidental.

All writing updates are posted on my Instagram - @ opheliabennet