Confusion Sets In

SCENE1
KATE’S WORKING PLACE
KATE: So sister, tell me. How long are you going to spend there?
FAITH: I’m not going to stay long I promise. You know I really have to do this for us, we really need money. We can’t depend all through on our aged mother and poor uncle Uncle T for money.
KATE: Yeah! That’s right, don’t just stay long sis.
FAITH: I won’t, as soon as the occasion is through, I’ll hurry up back home.
KATE: (She hugs her) Okay, thanks. Do you want me to see you off?
FAITH: No, do you want your boss to panic on you? You better stay and sell to your customers, just make sure you don’t drink from the alcohol.
KATE: (She laughs) I really do hope so. Ever since I started working in his brewery company, I’ve been a heavy customer of alcohol. It’s really not easy to stop drinking.
FAITH: Just drink responsible. (She carries her bag) See you soon.
KATE: Okay, cheerio. (She waves)
FAITH: (She leaves)
BEATRICE: You are already missing her?
KATE: Why won’t I?
BEATRICE: Kate, that’s Josh coming.
KATE: And how does that now concerns me? He’s coming to buy drink as usual.
JOSH: (He approaches Kate) Hi
KATE: Ho, welcome to Tinted brewery. What can we offer you?
JOSH: (He smiles) Kate! Always amusing me, well I’m here because of you.
KATE: What?
JOSH: Don’t pretend to me, what we discussed yesterday. I’m here for the response.
KATE: (She looks at Beatrice) Josh!
JOSH: Okay, would you be less busy tomorrow? I want to take you out.
KATE: (She gives no response)
BEATRICE: Josh, you can come and pick her up tomorrow. She’s on afternoon shift.
JOSH: Okay, thanks. Beatrice, please get me three cartons of Eva wine.
BEATRICE: Okay Sir…
SCENE2
KATE’S WORKING PLACE
KATE: Beat, how do I look?
BEATRICE: You look sweet dear.
KATE: Thanks.
BEATRICE: Have you tell your sis about him?
KATE: No, not now. I want to use him to surprise her and please don’t inform her yet.
BEATRICE: Hum! Here he comes.
JOSH: Beatrice hi.
BEATRICE: Hi.
JOSH: (Smiles as he steers at Kate) Wow! You look lovely.
KATE: Thanks dear.
JOSH: So…let’s go.
SCENE3
CITY HALL
JOSH: (Surprise) Kate!
FAITH: (She turns back) Kate?
JOSH: (He happily hugs her) what a surprise. But why didn’t you tell me you were also coming here?
FAITH: (Pretends to be Kate) Yeah! I wanted to but it skipped my mind.
JOSH: Or the call you had was an invitation to here?
FAITH: The call? Yes…yes, the call was an invitation to here I wanted to tell you.
JOSH: I’m so much happy at least; we’ll have more time together.
FAITH: Yeah! Let’s go and have lunch.
JOSH: Yes, but there is something strange about you.
FAITH: Me? (She stammers) No just that I’m stressed up after the presentation we had.
…They both walk to the dining table and begin to eat.
JOSH: So Kate. Yesterday on our date, you were about giving me your phone number yesterday but you were called back to your office, you promised to give me the next time we’d see.
FAITH: Yes, I will. Let me have your phone.
JOSH: (He gives her his phone)
FAITH: (She collects his phone and types her number)
JOSH: But, why aren’t you free? You spoke to me freely yesterday than today.
FAITH: Yeah! Just that (She holds her stomach) I’m just having a running tummy.
JOSH: (He stands up and holds her) is it that serious?
FAITH: (Pretending) yes, it is. Can you please take me to my room, I feel like I’m going to collapse.
JOSH: (Scared) No, please don’t do that…
SCENE4
TWIN FAMILY APARTMENT
FAITH: (She barges in)
KATE: (Shock) (Happy) Sister! Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?
FAITH: (Angry) Do I really have to tell you before coming?
KATE: (She happily hugs Faith) Oh sis, how was the presentation? How many people loved your cake?
FAITH: (She sits) who is he?
KATE: (Surprise) Him? Who? (Her phone rings, she picks her call and it was Josh, she just text him her number)
FAITH: (She drags the phone from Kate)
KATE: (Angry) what has come over you? At least you ought to have some phone manner.
FAITH: Some phone manner? Did you just say that? Who is the stupid guy that you kept away from me?
KATE: (feeling guilty) Oh dear, I’m so sorry for not telling you about him. I just wanted to use him to surprise you; I didn’t mean to hurt you. I’m sorry
FAITH: You are sorry? That’s left to you.
KATE: Are you still angry? After all, you are now aware of it. He’s a nice guy actually and his…
FAITH: (She stands up) No need of any further description about a strange guy. You already got me pissed off.
KATE: Faith but I already did apologize. What else do you want me to do? After all, we aren’t sharing the same guy.
FAITH: You’ll know that sooner. (She angrily walks into her room)
KATE: I really don’t get her. Faith! (She calls and follows her)
SCENE5
KATE’SWORKING PLACE
KATE: (Almost shading tears) Beatrice, it’s almost three weeks now and I haven’t heard from Josh. He no longer comes here.
BEATRICE: (Confuse) I know. I also observed that, what must be wrong? Have you gone to check on him?
KATE: I’ve did that several times but I was told he went on a vacation. I really don’t understand him ever since our last date and he’s not picking my calls.
BEATRICE: Let me call him for you. (She dials his line and they communicate)
KATE: (Anxious) what did he say?
BEATRICE: He said he’s coming.
JOSH: (He arrives after ten minutes)
JOSH: What else?
BEATRICE: (She gives them their privacy)
KATE: (Confuse) what else like what’s wrong?
JOSH: I just left your place not even up to an hour. Are you already missing me so soon?
KATE: (Shock) you left my place? Oh my God! That isn’t me that was my identical twin sister, Faith.
JOSH: (Confuse) Twin sister?
KATE: Yes, I’m twin. I tried telling you that at our last date but you were so much in a haste that your attention was needed in the office and since then, I haven’t heard from you, I texted my number to you but no reply, I called you several times but you weren’t picking my calls. I even sent messages to you but you still didn’t reply. I never knew that you were busy with my sister.
JOSH: Hey! I’m seriously confused right now. My phone was with the lady you claimed is your twin for almost two weeks, I seriously didn’t get any of your text messages or calls.
KATE: (Tears drops from her eyes) Josh, I’m Kate, the lady you love. I’m your lady Josh and not Faith.
JOSH: Faith? She’s already carrying my baby. She’s pregnant for me.
KATE: (Shock) No… (She screams out and angrily walks out and drives home)
JOSH: (He follows her)
TWIN’s APARTMENT
KATE: (She barges in) FAITH! (She angrily calls out)
FAITH: (She comes out) Why did you scream out my name in such manner?
KATE: (Crying) why won’t I? You are intentionally wicked sister. Where did you met with Josh?
FAITH: (She hisses and sits down) was that why you were shouting my name? I met Josh at the city hall at Tarragona guest inn and we really had nice time together sis.
KATE: (Angry) you are a shameless thing sis. You know Josh was my boyfriend, the man I am planning to get marry to and you intentionally took advantage of him because he wasn’t knowledgeable that we are identical twin. You have betrayed me sis.
FAITH: (Angry) you can call it whatever you like. Please, spare me all those crabs.
JOSH: (He enters)
KATE: (Sobbing) Josh, look at Faith and tell her you don’t love her. Tell her it’s me you love. Remember, you professed your love to me and not her.
FAITH: (She slaps Kate) How dare you utter such words?
JOSH: (Agape)
FAITH: (She continues) you aren’t even afraid of what I am capable of doing. What do you take me for? Not after being pregnant for him will he abandon me. I’m not a bastard child, so there is no way I’ll give birth to a child who is a bastard.
KATE: (Surprise) Faith! You slapped me? Because of a man, you lured him into getting you pregnant so you can’t use that as an excuse.
FAITH: Me? Lured Him? Why not ask him yourself to talk and bet with me, there is absolutely nothing you can do about this.
JOSH: I’m just confuse
FAITH: (She laughs) is that all you could say? Kate, you know you aren’t a good woman for Josh to have as a wife. Common girl, you are addicted to alcohol. So tell me, what will you say when you get drunk and start misbehaving. Josh, she does take heavy drinks which intoxicate one on time.
KATE: (Angry)
…The Twin begins to fight until Faith begins to bleed and she was rushed to the hospital.