Chapter 1

"Dr. Todoroki, you got a new patient."

A nurse informed the doctor as soon as she got into his office.

The neurosurgeon, still writing his report, just responded without even looking at her.

"Information?"

The nurse opened a file in her hand.

"Her name is (name) (last name), a girl in her early twenties. Illness, brain tumour. She was diagnosed yesterday, and was admitted into the ward this afternoon. Dr Aizawa was in charge of her checkup, then he transferred her to you."

She put the file on top of his table. He just glanced at it.

"I'll go and check on her later. Thank you."

She bowed and walked out of the room.

After she left, he took the file and had a look at it. He couldn't help but to frown.

"Still so young... yet a brain tumour."

He murmured alone with a sigh. Then, he got on his feet to check on his new patient.

The neurosurgeon knocked on the door before entering the ward. It's a normal etiquette. When he didn't hear any response, he just turned the knob and made his way in.

"Excuse me, I am a doctor in charge..."

His sentence trailed off when he saw the patient.

She is gazing towards the window, seemingly too amazed by the scenery outside the building. However, her eyes posed no emotion at all as she stared. She was sitting on the bed calmly, enjoying the view.

Based on his observation, she appeared quite normal, not like a person with an illness at all. Her feelingless expression aside, she actually looked healthy.

Thinking that she did not notice his presence, the doctor tried to talk to her again.

"Excuse me, miss (last name), I'm doctor-"

"The sky is pretty, right?"

His introduction was interrupted.

"Sorry?"

He became slightly confused at her sudden statement.

The patient turned to look at him and flashed a sweet smile.

"I'm sorry, i was too focused looking at the sky. Just forget what i said. Anyway, are you my personal doctor?"

The man in white coat nodded.

"Yes. My name is Shouto Todoroki."

"Alright Dr Todoroki. I'm (name) (last name), though i suppose you already know my name."

The girl said, still smiling.

"Yes."

Todoroki opened the file that had her basic information. It was filled by Aizawa before handed over to him, but he still needed to confirm a few things.

"Miss (last name), is it?"

"Oh, please. Just call me (name). I prefer to be called by my name."

Todoroki narrowed his eyes.

"Very well then. Miss (Name), is it?"

She nodded happily.

"Alright. So miss (name), what were the symptoms you were having before coming to get a checkup?"

The doctor immediately got into business. He needed confirmation based on what written in the report about this patient. If anything was wrong, then he needed to fix it.